U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-20-2009, 08:15 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,380,236 times
It's approved and completion time is 4 months once it gets started. It has to be in place prior to the elementary opening. If not, the traffic would be a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM

303 posts, read 336,673 times
Is that actually official?

I've seen the sign for the Alamo Drafthouse for a very long time at Slaughter & Mopac, and no movement. And we were told the second Circle C pool complex was approved and funded while we were looking at houses.

Not saying either thing won't happen, but neither will likely happen any time soon. And realistically, one or both may never actually happen.

Not saying the change to 45 won't get done, but it will likely be quite a while. Unless there is actually something official out there and it's not just word-of-mouth?

Unread 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM

15,276 posts, read 19,562,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
There is a turnaround being built, it starts soon. End of discussion!
That hardly ever works. Folks will continue to discuss (on a discussion thread) whether you (generic) want them to or not!

Unread 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,380,236 times
Ugh, for all the doubters out there.

According to the TxDOT website, the project was awarded to a contractor and has
estimated construction duration of 54 working days or apporximately 3 months
from when they begin construction.

Must I provide the link? Doubt away, I live in Meridian and know this first hand.

Unread 10-21-2009, 12:49 AM

143 posts, read 294,777 times
Wonderful to hear from someone who knows whats going on around here, so Any idea first hand what date they will be starting the project?

Unread 10-21-2009, 01:01 AM

Construction crews on highway 45 at 70 mph that should be interesting. Surely they will slow it down. Can not wait.

Unread 10-21-2009, 05:13 AM

390 posts, read 965,014 times
When I said "15 years" I meant the sh45 connector through to Brodie Ln and IH35, not a U-turn. I have not heard about any U-turn but it would certainly help the area.
The SH 45 connector project will likely be done about the same time they complete the Y project @ Oak Hill (:P
Cheers

Unread 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Ok today around 4:00 there was a dark green suv with female driving, there was a truck behide her with soda or beer cans blowing out everywhere, guess what speed she was going well I am told by my family they were doing 55/60 mph she was doing about 95 mph and the truck was right on her back bumper. Take a bigger guess where she was going straight into Meridian. I was not there and lucky for her I wasn't I would have had the police department on her door step. I can not understand why this road is not being monitor and why it is that people out here think they have a right to make up time on it. I can assume that this lady does not know that the time she possibly makes up could put her in jail for a very long time.

Unread 10-23-2009, 10:29 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,495,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERiv View Post
I've seen the sign for the Alamo Drafthouse for a very long time at Slaughter & Mopac, and no movement.
I drove by there yesterday and it looked like they are starting to do something. There were some big trucks and they'd dumped out gravel on some kind of drive. Guess with all the rains it's a little muddy over there.

Unread 10-23-2009, 05:58 PM

303 posts, read 336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta hope View Post
I drove by there yesterday and it looked like they are starting to do something. There were some big trucks and they'd dumped out gravel on some kind of drive. Guess with all the rains it's a little muddy over there.
That'd be awesome! You just made my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin