Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM

246 posts, read 855,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I have not heard any updates on NB working to improve that huge problem.
We've come up with some good ideas and are working on schematics, cost, and feasibility. I am planning on writing a summary of the project at Austin Noise when everything is all wrapped up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:04 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,827,038 times
It is good to hear that NB is trying to be a good neighbor and improve the situation.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
I live more then 2 miles from NBC and the noise levels are extremely loud. During concerts you can here every word of the songs. NBC, along with local authorities, have been unwilling to do anything. Many of the citizens of the area have started a ban of the cafe. I ask anyone who has had to deal with a loud neighbor to help in the cause and not patronage the cafe. The food is lousy and there are much better music venues in Austin.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino123 View Post
NBC, along with local authorities, have been unwilling to do anything.
This is incorrect. The owner of the Nutty Brown is willing to take steps to improve the situation and is actively doing so now.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:58 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,752,866 times
Quote:
I live more then 2 miles from NBC and the noise levels are extremely loud. During concerts you can here every word of the songs. NBC, along with local authorities, have been unwilling to do anything. Many of the citizens of the area have started a ban of the cafe. I ask anyone who has had to deal with a loud neighbor to help in the cause and not patronage the cafe. The food is lousy and there are much better music venues in Austin.
I agree on the lousy food, but otherwise MOVE! You shouldn't be living in trashy new construction built over the Edwards aquifer, and chances are the NBC was there long before you were!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 PM

25 posts, read 64,858 times
We live two miles from Nutty Brown to the west ( gps miles & thats by crow ) and never hear them. We think they are a good addition to the community.Can't find nothing wrong with the food either.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
I agree on the lousy food, but otherwise MOVE! You shouldn't be living in trashy new construction built over the Edwards aquifer, and chances are the NBC was there long before you were!
If, by "trashy new construction," you mean Belterra then you misunderstand the situation. Most complaints come from folks living north of 290.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,464 times
Mike Farr and the Nutty Brown Cafe are more than an asset to our Cedar Valley community. They have hosted and contributed more than their fair share of proceeds and profits and given money and services toward many, many wonderful charities and many important causes. Nutty Brown Cafe has been there many years. It is not going out of business, it is a profitable, functional business that has earned a good reputation and deserves respect and full rights as an other restaurant and bar. It is more than admired and appreciated by many people in the Cedar Valley community. I believe there are more people FOR the Nutty Brown than AGAINST. Get some ear plugs... chill out...PLEASE!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,464 times
Quote:
I also live 2 miles from the Nutty Brown cafe. I can hear the music = barley = if the wind is just right.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM

12,864 posts, read 13,166,814 times
Well, if the music is so loud that it can be heard two miles away, then the NBC patrons will all be deaf in short order.....then they'll have to amp it up.

I like their prailines & cfs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin