Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 PM

7,996 posts, read 10,370,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
I have not had this same experience. I have found that Randalls is just about the same price as HEB. I tend to visit each for their specials.
I have always found Randalls to be much more expensive than HEB. They may have one or two things that are cheaper, but the vast majority of their items cost more. They just opened an HEB in Houston near my mother-in-law. She actually called me from the store on her first trip there because she couldn't believe how much cheaper than Randalls it was. It's even cheaper than Costco on a lot of things.

I just wish they would get rid of those blasted Randalls cards. I hope everyone realizes that they sell your information and information about what you buy to marketers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM

139 posts, read 350,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
I just wish they would get rid of those blasted Randalls cards. I hope everyone realizes that they sell your information and information about what you buy to marketers.
Who puts their real address/phone #s on those things?

Randall's is more expensive. Sounds like a do or die move by them. Their stores are mostly empty whenever I go in.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:11 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,025,907 times
Randall's is far closer to HEB now with the new everyday low price thing...also, if you use the card(yes, they do co-opt personal info), the prices are lower.......randall's is just safeway's way of keeping a foothold on the market in case something awful happens to heb, so they can jump
in and claim market share......

Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,111,081 times
Do people think that HEB doesn't sell your info to mktg? I met someone on a plain that works for them in mktg and that is what she does. They decide on pricing, products to carry, and location based on the sales in the stores and demographics of the area.

trust me marketing is everywhere.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,773,225 times
HEB is kind of flaky in how it negotiates prices and shelf space. Like Frito Lay just paid them off to stop making their cheese puffs.
Walmart is better in that regards they fight for the best prices on their products and have a store brand for almost everything.
Not that I'm a Walmart fan, but really is there any difference between working at Walmart or working at HEB?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,283,211 times
I adore Randall's because i can in and out so fast. I love that. They also have varieties of products I can't find other places. It's too expensive for weekly shopping, but it's where I go when I forget something and just need to dash in and out.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
They will never be able to compete on the store brands HEB has...
Hill Country Fair and The HEB branded products are the value buy.

They can compete on name brand, but not the private label stuff that the majority seem to buy.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
Do people think that HEB doesn't sell your info to mktg? I met someone on a plain that works for them in mktg and that is what she does. They decide on pricing, products to carry, and location based on the sales in the stores and demographics of the area.

trust me marketing is everywhere.
And soon we will all be hearing voices when we walk in the aisles, per voice directed technology.....whispering in your ears like a friend talking to just you.....

"Hey, you might want to check out that bag of chips in aisle 3".......

When that happens I turn 100% to my victory garden in the backyard.....
and free-range chickens....

ala the Nuge(ent)....kill em and grill em yourself....why have some ag
conglom do it for you by proxy?........

And in my backyard no voices telling me what bag of chips to buy....
unless I lapse back into schizophrenia...

So, yes indeedy, you will be everything but stuck with an anal probe up your butt walking into the supermarket in 3-5 years....and don't think they haven't thought of that either!......

By the way, that audio-directional technology used in supermarkets is called Panphonics....care to read about it?

Check this out!.......what a "Brave new freakin' world" we live in, eh?

http://www.panphonics.com/pdf/case_KSupermarket_Mankkaa.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-21-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They will never be able to compete on the store brands HEB has...
Hill Country Fair and The HEB branded products are the value buy.

They can compete on name brand, but not the private label stuff that the majority seem to buy.
HEB house brands are loaded with genetically modified junk....why the heck do you think it's so cheap?......everything comes with a price....the price you pay for eating house poop at Heebs is being part of a government experiment with genetically altered foodstuff.....same with Aldi's.......cheap means government testing......simple as that....

Now lets all line up for our viral vectors for the non-existent "flu"......
government injections of deactivated mutant viruses up the nose right here please....

Thank you!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 AM

629 posts, read 1,649,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecut View Post
HEB house brands are loaded with genetically modified junk....why the heck do you think it's so cheap?......everything comes with a price....the price you pay for eating house poop at Heebs is being part of a government experiment with genetically altered foodstuff.....same with Aldi's.......cheap means government testing......simple as that....

Now lets all line up for our viral vectors for the non-existent "flu"......
government injections of deactivated mutant viruses up the nose right here please....

Thank you!
You sound like that psycho Glenn Beck. Any sort of evidence to back up your claim of the "house poop" in HEB branded foods and it being a gov't experiment?

I'm not holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin