U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM

45 posts, read 101,265 times
Default Discount or closeout flooring

Hi --

I need about 60 sf feet of flooring to redo the floor of a camper van. Vinyl, vinyl plank, or perhaps laminate.

Cheap, but not too tacky looking!

I found Flooring Warehouse on 183 but it didn't really have anything suitable. Where else should I look for remnants, end boxes (ie, only 4 boxes left of a lot, so they can't sell it for a big job) of vinyl planks or laminate?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,259,555 times
Lumber Liquidators has 'in stock' closeouts regularly. If the Austin store has the quantity you need, chances are they will discount it just to clear it out...you have to hit them at the right time...just as they get to the 'magic' number on hand. We got a good deal on the remaining stock of a particular color of cork flooring...bought all they had. You might also try Craigslist...under 'materials' in the items for sale. On the other hand, that amount you need might make it to the 'clearance' aisle at Lowe's on the weekend...I've seen 75% off on the clearance rolling racks in the front of the store on Sat/Sun. Happy hunting!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 PM

27,572 posts, read 10,484,208 times
Lumber Liquidators...

Cavet Emptor

Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 AM

4,013 posts, read 6,109,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASgeek View Post
Hi --

I need about 60 sf feet of flooring to redo the floor of a camper van. Vinyl, vinyl plank, or perhaps laminate.

Cheap, but not too tacky looking!

I found Flooring Warehouse on 183 but it didn't really have anything suitable. Where else should I look for remnants, end boxes (ie, only 4 boxes left of a lot, so they can't sell it for a big job) of vinyl planks or laminate?

thanks!

costco carries some

Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 AM

108 posts, read 133,636 times
sam's club has some really cheap ones. They are of good quality.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:59 AM

45 posts, read 101,265 times
Thanks. I will check Costco. Any other suggestions for carpet/flooring stores that have remnants? I will NOT be going to Lumber Liquidators -- I have heard too many bad reports about them.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,259,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASgeek View Post
Thanks. I will check Costco. Any other suggestions for carpet/flooring stores that have remnants? I will NOT be going to Lumber Liquidators -- I have heard too many bad reports about them.
Sorry you don't care for LL...our experience was OK...they took too long to ship a fill-in order, but otherwise the flooring we bought and took home was a good value...not too many folks carry cork for a reasonable price.

If your Friday night includes a trip by your local Lowe's, they usually set up the clearance aisle late to be ready for the Sat. crowds...might get lucky on three boxes of flooring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin