Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 AM

8 posts, read 20,504 times

Advertisements

hello fellow 512's,

I'll be driving up to Austin with my gf on Saturday from San Antonio to catch the UT game and was looking for some suggestions on good, cheap parking since this will be my first time catching a game there Also any recommendations on some good places to grab some grub around the stadium would be appreciated as well! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 AM

426 posts, read 1,673,615 times
The best (free) area parking-wise is east of 35. Exit Manor (assuming you're traveling north) - turn right away from the stadium on Manor. Go to at least Chicon and try and park on Chicon or any of the side streets in the neighborhood east of there. Be sure not to park in a tow-away zone or do not block anyones drive way. Been parking over there for years, never a problem, easy to get out of the area after the game. It's a bit of a walk but it's not any further than anywhere else you'd park - and at least this is free.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Bob Bullock Museum is just a few blocks away and parking in the covered garage there is only $5. I've never seen the garage fill up all the way and we usually get there just 45 min or so before kickoff. Traffic getting into the garage blows, so allow some extra time for that. We go up Lavaca to MLK, make a right, then a right on Congress. The parking garage entrance is on your right side.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,945 times
Parking in the metered spots in the downtown area is free on the weekends. I parked at Guadalupe and 12th for the UCF game. It was a walk but it was FREE.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 PM

543 posts, read 1,740,757 times
Unless you really want to rub shoulders with a lot of fans in varying degrees of inebriation, I would suggest you have a pre-game meal at the Hyde Park Bar and Grill on Duval. Other choices right nearby are Mother's and Asti Trattoria. Just leave your car right where you parked it and take the #7 bus southbound to the stadium. It is about 1.5 miles from the stadium. You can check the bus schedule online to give yourself plenty of time. I live right near there and, since bus space is crowded on the return up Duval, I just walk which is good to stretch the legs after being in the cramped seating at DKR for several hours. Bring a poncho since, at the present time, there might be some precipitation. No umbrellas allowed in the stadium.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:58 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,630,016 times
I have parked up in the Eastwoods Park area (north of campus) and walked down to the game. It is a pleasant area (very shaded, although not a big deal at this time of the season) and near Hyde Park Grill (mentioned above), although you may want to still drive from there, or you can eat at Crown and Anchor or Posse East, which are more of a 'tailgating' type crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: