Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 PM

10 posts, read 33,932 times

Advertisements

we just recently moved to the area and aren't familiar with any charitable organizations yet. each year we purge my children's toys before christmas and prefer to pass them along to those in need. i was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction (women's shelter, salvation army, etc).

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
There's a Goodwill, They are collecting donations for Orange Santa (Contact the Police Department for details), and there is the Pregnancy Center. Another good place to send toys would be the Baptist Children's Home in Round Rock. The Orange Santa crew put up donation bins at some of the area schools in the front entrances. My daughter goes to CCE and they had one there.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,997,228 times
Goodwill: anything that is nice/good doesn't go to general merchandise for all people it goes to the special AUCTION section where they auction it off. All the junk is for the rest of the store. I don't like Goodwill.

There is a salvation army in Round Rock. The good thing about this place is they have good prices, many times offer half price sales and their furniture is constantly moving because they don't jack up the price and auction it off. Yes, I like Salvation Army.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:37 PM

thanks so much!

do they take used toys for orange santa?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing_two View Post
thanks so much!

do they take used toys for orange santa?

I don't know if Salvation Army is affiliated with orange santa or not but I do know this: people shop there for Christmas and many times are looking for good toys for their children or others.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 AM

It's a Hutto specific thing, same as Austin's Blue Santa. I think they take new and gently used? I'll check.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:46 AM

Yes, it's new and gently used toys.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM

oh awesome!! thank you so much. i saw the can outside mcd's so we'll drop there tomorrow.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM

Here is a informational flyer I just ran across while cleaning my desk:

"The Hutto Police Department, along with Resonate Community Church, Hutto ISD, and the Hutto Area Chamber of Commerce, will be organizing the annual Orange Santa Toy Drive. This program provides new toys donated by community residents and businesses to area children who would otherwise not receive any gifts for Christmas. During last year's Orange Santa Program, over 300 children benefited from the kindness and generosity of the citizens of Hutto.

While many other communities work with their police departments to run a "Blue Santa" Toy Drive, the Hutto community stands together behind its school colors and has named its program "Orange Santa".

Collection bins for tyoys will be placed at area businesses and public buildings. Bins will be located at Hutto City Hall, Hutto Chameber of Commerce, Lowe's, Home Depot, Hutto Fire Station and all Hutto ISD campuses. Orange Santa is also seeking financial contributions from area business. If you would like to contribute, please contact Kyle Sears at 512-586-3656.

Applications for those needing assistance will be available in November at the Hutto City Hall, Hutto ISD campuses, and online at Welcome to Resonate Community Church! - Resonate Community Church - Hutto, Texas. For further information, please contact Kyle Sears at 512-586-3656."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin