Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,593,594 times

Advertisements

Campus area:

BIG BITE!!!!!!!!!!!! Delicious, horrible for you, greasy sandwiches with anything you can imagine (hamburger patties, cheese, eggs, bacon, fries, mayonaise, among other things) all in the same sandwich! They're open til 4.

Ken's Donuts is delicious and cheap and open 24 hours. Probably the best buy cost wise for after a night of drinking.

Pluckers Wing Bar is open til 3 and is great. Wing Stop is open til 4 I think.

Kerbey is 24-7 but really isn't that great. Magnolia is way better but neither can hold a candle to Dallas' Cafe Brazil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 AM

809 posts, read 1,861,783 times
If you are downtown, drunk and hungry late night...the Onion is the best bargain. get two giant NY style pizza slices for $5 bucks

If you are close to UT campus, drunk and hungry late night, try Hungry Howies' Pizza

Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Campus area:

BIG BITE!!!!!!!!!!!! Delicious, horrible for you, greasy sandwiches with anything you can imagine (hamburger patties, cheese, eggs, bacon, fries, mayonaise, among other things) all in the same sandwich! They're open til 4.
I stumbled into this one on a Staturday night drunk as a skunk but hungry as a horse. I got a cheesburger with jalepenos on it...wtf?? jalepenos at 2am, omg, what was I thinking. I paid for it the next day on the can...

Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 AM

178 posts, read 458,861 times
I will grant you inexpensive, but I would pay a bit more for hot food and staff that was less kooky and more attentive. Took some out of town guests there a week ago. Six breakfast plates, all cool or cold. I've had better service in holes in the wall where the staff didn't speak English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Kerby Lane for the win. It's the ultimate after party - literally. great, kooky staff ... awesome inexpensive food, and people watching galore. It's a must-stop for us at 2:00 a.m.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector28 View Post
I will grant you inexpensive, but I would pay a bit more for hot food and staff that was less kooky and more attentive. Took some out of town guests there a week ago. Six breakfast plates, all cool or cold. I've had better service in holes in the wall where the staff didn't speak English.
Kerbey lane service goes to hell after 10pm. Ihop is better

Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 AM

That's exactly where we wished we had gone!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 AM

Kerby Lane is a gutterball no matter what time of day it is. can't go wrong with Ihop

Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kor3anchris View Post
Up here in Rochester, NY we have a GARBAGE PLATE. Basically it normally comes home fries on one half, and mac salad on the other half. On top goes 2 cheeseburgers topped with mustard, onions, and hot sauce. Now the hot sauce completes this plate, its meaty, spicy, and greasy!!

Does Austin offer anything like this?

Wow! I think I got a clog, just reading that! But it sure sounds good!

iHop, Jims, or anywhere serving Breakfast, with coffee.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM

Been a very long time and in SA, not Austin, we used to go to Jim's and have a huge plate of chili over scrambled eggs. I wonder if they still serve it. I haven't tried the Austin Jim's. It's been our experience that the same restaurant in Austin will be more expensive and not as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
iHop, Jims, or anywhere serving Breakfast, with coffee.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Jim's is still around and yep, they still serve their awesome Pioneer chili. Their migas is my FAVORITE of any restaurant in Austin. The Jim's in Oak Hill has the sweetest waitresses I've ever encountered. Most of the older ones have worked there for 20 or more years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: