U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 PM

653 posts, read 1,591,799 times
Orange County. South OC in particular.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM

111 posts, read 224,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch View Post
Orange County. South OC in particular.
Ahhh, I used to live there. Now I am in Corona. The new part against the mountains. Congratulations on your sale! I hope I can say the same soon.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:39 PM

1,921 posts, read 758,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisey31 View Post
are trying to sell their house so they can move to Austin? We have been on the market here in SoCal for a month now, with very little traffic. I wonder when the slow down will trickle into Austin. With so many people moving in from other states, I would imagine it should hit soon. We have purchased a home in Highpointe, but will be unable to complete the sale until this house sells. I can't imagine I am the only one in this position....just curious. I am also wondering if I should be purchasing a home right now, even if this one sells in time. If we rent for 6 months, we may see enough of a drop there to make it worth our while. Any opinions??

Thanks!

Gina
Just rent, those prices in Austin are not going anywhere, at least compared to So Cal

Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM

653 posts, read 1,591,799 times
Quote:
Ahhh, I used to live there. Now I am in Corona. The new part against the mountains. Congratulations on your sale! I hope I can say the same soon.
Thanks =) I was really apprehensive when we finally did get a buyer but things are great now. I'm really looking forward to it instead of dreading leaving it all behind. Things are so perfect, I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. Imagine: our buyer wants no inspection or anything because he's tearing it apart and redoing it.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 PM

37 posts, read 84,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANKS View Post
Well I saw this post a few weeks ago and visited the gardebweb page and got some good tips. We dropped our price $10K and made a few minor tweaks to our house and got a strong offer - not quite as high as we'd have liked but it was non contingent and the close date is the same week as our close date on our house in Austin so we were very pleased. Our inspection was yesterday so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

I would definitely recommend that page for tips, there were good tips and also some very crazy tips way off the mark (like painting our house in pastels in WA).
CONGRATULATIONS GANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm definitely going to look into that page. We're approaching our 60 day mark and I get more and more discouraged all the time. You're giving me hope!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,526,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
By the way, this is from just the last 3 days of local Austin Business News.
Thou art my friend and mortal enemy!

Confused? What I mean is that I have nothing against you personally but I think that the rapid growth of Austin metro and the sprawling land-gobbling car-requiring upper-middle-class subdivisions like Steiner Ranch are KILLING everything I love about this city.

I hope we can agree to disagree. I see far more people like you in the Austin forum than people like me. Perhaps I should start a "Don't Move to Austin" forum to try to combat the likes of Steiner Ranch.

p.s. --- I'm from California, and I've got several friends from Cali who live in places like Rob Roy and Barton Creek Estates, so... don't take me too seriously. I mean what I say, but I don't judge people for the choices they make. Steiner would be a paradise for many families. Truly. What's not to like? It's gorgeous, safe, access to fantastic recreation and quality stores and nature trails --- I understand the appeal. I just wish it would stop before it spreads all the way to Llano and Kerrville.

But alas, the merging of San Antonio and Austin is all but inevitable, and the beautiful Texas Hill Country is destined to become a vast sprawl of elite communities and subdivisions, each touting their uniqueness and idyllic qualities while having nothing of originality or a sense of history and place. They're all created by corporate money and market research for purposes of maximizing profits. And that makes me very sad.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Well, all things happen for a reason. We had to give up our Pulte home at Highpointe. In retrospect, I am glad. It was too big for us. We are now getting a Wilshire home in Highpointe that is much more reasonable in size for us. We also have 7 months before move in. I can finally breathe a little bit. It is better for our timeline anyway with my husbands work and such. I am content with what we are getting, so everything is the way it is supposed to be.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
McJ

128 posts, read 279,701 times
Quote:
Well, all things happen for a reason. We had to give up our Pulte home at Highpointe. In retrospect, I am glad. It was too big for us. We are now getting a Wilshire home in Highpointe that is much more reasonable in size for us. We also have 7 months before move in. I can finally breathe a little bit. It is better for our timeline anyway with my husbands work and such. I am content with what we are getting, so everything is the way it is supposed to be.
Daisy, I live in Highpointe(Pulte). What Wilshire model did you get into?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJ View Post
Daisy, I live in Highpointe(Pulte). What Wilshire model did you get into?
We are building an Oxford II. How do you like Highpointe?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
RQ7

11 posts, read 20,125 times
Daisy31, I also had an earnest money deposit on a Pulte home in Highpointe (which I had 100% refunded) and had to pull out becuase my fiance wasn't ready to move yet. I think Wilshire is going to be a much better experience after all the problems my brother had with Pulte before, during and after the construction of his home in Highpointe. I was looking at the floorplans for all the models in the new Wilshire section and I LOVED the Oxford II. That would be my ideal floor plan - regardless of how much money I had to spend. I am in southern California and we plan to stay put for the next 4 years. But I am hoping that maybe someday we can make our way to Austin. I have visited there several times and loved it a little more each trip.

I hope you post here about your experience with Wilshire in Highpointe as your home is being built.

Last edited by RQ7; 06-20-2007 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: correct typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin