Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 PM

15 posts, read 30,522 times

Advertisements

Just bought a new home in Rim Rock subdivision. We were wondering if anyone knew what the fencing restrictions were? We close at the end of the month and still need to get a copy of the HOA rules. We know you cannot erect privacy fencing and that wrought iron is preferred. Can one build stone fencing? Also, could someone possibly DM us some fencing company recommendations.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 05:41 AM

389 posts, read 1,571,146 times
I dont want to hijack the subject, but you are buying and did not get a copy of HOA rules?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 AM

Did get a copy but misplaced it. Went online this morning and read the HOA rules on fencing but I hate legaleze and noticed different types of fence around the neighborhood and also wanted some recommendations.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM

103 posts, read 322,023 times
Which Rim Rock are you buying in?

We live in the first section. Our restrictions say that your fence has to be the wrought iron type and must be built 15 feet in from your lot border for animal safe passageway. So no wood fences and you "lose" 15 feet on every side of your lot. We built one last year and are very happy with it.

http://www.rimrockinfo.com/masternplan.asp This has the deed restrictions.

I'm not sure if the other section are the same or not as they are being developed by different companies.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:23 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maadimom View Post
Which Rim Rock are you buying in?

We live in the first section. Our restrictions say that your fence has to be the wrought iron type and must be built 15 feet in from your lot border for animal safe passageway. So no wood fences and you "lose" 15 feet on every side of your lot. We built one last year and are very happy with it.

RimRock's Master Plan Texas Hill Country Dripping Springs Community - Rim Rock Ranchland Homesites Acerage This has the deed restrictions.

I'm not sure if the other section are the same or not as they are being developed by different companies.
I live in a neighborhood similar to Rim Rock and we have the same rule against wood fences. Can be a stone wall, or wrought iron, but no wood.

I do like the idea of the animal passageways though. I have not encountered that before, but it makes sense in the large acreage areas where deer roam.

Steve

Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the info. We bought in section 3, phase3.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,939 times
Wood fences are cheap and for the most part no home owner really takes care or treats them.
A lot of the residences did not have / allow wood private fence, then these homes would probably appreciate much more in value. I cannot count how many times I had to work on my fence, treat it or replace wood on it.

As one's mentioned above, if your HOA allows it, go with either stone wall or wrought iron.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,027 times
can anyone give a phone # for rim rock HOA person in charge of design and approving additions

Old 01-15-2015, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,027 times
Default detached garage

person to contact regarding design and approval for detached garage

Old 01-16-2015, 12:47 AM

88 posts, read 106,265 times
Did you get a copy of the HOA? All the info should be there. I've sold houses in there and basically the fence rules are specific. But on another note- everyone I know that lives there loves it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin