Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM

14 posts, read 58,178 times

Advertisements

I was just doing alot of research on Pflugerville and was wondering what subdivisions would people recommend? Based on my research I like Avalon and Blackhawk. Does anyone have any insight on these subdivisions and the schools (elementary and middle) zoned for these subdivisions? Commute to downtown Austin? Any other subdivisions that I might be missing?

Sorry for the questions but my family is moving to TX by or before September 2010 and people keep telling us to look at Pflugerville due to its explosive expansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:30 AM

372 posts, read 1,148,667 times
Blackhawk is a nice community that was first started about 10 years ago. The community surrounds a golf course. I believe the neighborhood is built on an ex corn farm so there are not alot of mature trees in the neighborhood. We looked at this neighborhood before we settled on Round Rock. The main reason we did not move here is that it was out in the middle of nowhere and it was difficult to get to. But now toll 130 runs right next to the neighborhood and there are alot more shopping opportunities nearby. You can expect about a 30 minute commute to downtown during rush hour. Another neighborhood that is a little newer than Blackhawk that is right next door is Falcon Pointe.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:50 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I guess out of those two I'd go with Blackhawk. We've got friends in Pflugerville but they don't live in either of those subdivisions.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Thanks so much for the replies. I wanted to know if anyone could shed light on Avalon? I just don't know about this subdivision. When I look at some subdivisions in Pflugerville they seem somewhat remote and removed from activity although some threads that I read say that Pflugerville is 15 mins from downtown. Without sounding completely ridiculous, does Blackhawk or Falcon Pointe give you easy access to shopping like a Bed Bath & Beyond, HEB? We have a son that takes karate, and plays chess and wanted to know if Pflugerville offers these activities close by (reasonably) or will I be in the car all the time.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinj View Post
Thanks so much for the replies. I wanted to know if anyone could shed light on Avalon? I just don't know about this subdivision. When I look at some subdivisions in Pflugerville they seem somewhat remote and removed from activity although some threads that I read say that Pflugerville is 15 mins from downtown. Without sounding completely ridiculous, does Blackhawk or Falcon Pointe give you easy access to shopping like a Bed Bath & Beyond, HEB? We have a son that takes karate, and plays chess and wanted to know if Pflugerville offers these activities close by (reasonably) or will I be in the car all the time.
Yes, you will be in the car all the time. Everything you mentioned is within distance..but driving, not walking.

15 minutes from downtown ? Not really. Kelly Lane is a 2 lane road that turns into stopped bumper to bumper traffic both in the morning and again in the evening. 685 has turned into a crowded 4 lane road as well.

As usual, the roads did not keep up with the masses of new residents.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:54 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,667 times
This area was way out in the middle of nowhere but there has been alot of development in this area within the last 5 years. This area is right at the intersection of toll 130 and toll 45. There are 2 new strip malls nearby. There is Stone Hill Town Center and Pfluger Crossing. In Stone Hill Town Center there is a Home Depot, Best Buy, Super Target, Bealls, Dick's Sporting Goods, and a PETCO already open. In 2010, Office Depot, Ross, 24 Hour Fitness, and a Cinemark movie theatre are planned to open. Pflguer Crossing is anchored by a Super Walmart. There are lots of small stores in Pfluger Crossing like Baskin Robbins and Starbucks. You can buy groceries at both Super Target and the Super Walmart. There is an HEB about 2 miles South of Blackhawk. I'm not sure about Karate lessons in the area but I'm guessing you wouldn't have to go to far.

As for commute, yes, you can get to the downtown area in 15 to 20 minutes but not during rush hour. During rush hour, it would be at least 30 minutes.

Last edited by shankaupas; 01-01-2010 at 04:21 PM..

Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Thx for the responses Happy Texan and Shankaupas. Do you recommend Pflugerville now as a good place to relocate to since the burst of development vs. the circle c development that I've been reading about alot as well? Trying to get a handle on all of this. Looks like you get more home in Pfl than other areas in austin (like a circle c). Am I completely off on my assessments?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
That's some comparison..Circle C to Pflugerville. Two different worlds there.
Maybe you want to rent for 6 months to a year to find out what suits your needs.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 AM

597 posts, read 1,316,783 times
Have you considered Brookfield, off of Dessau. Prices are reasonable and the location is awesome as far as access to I-35.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM

Brookfield? Ok, I will definitely look into that. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin