Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
sjd sjd started this thread

57 posts, read 217,235 times

Advertisements

Is Senna Hills an upscale neighborhood? It is in a great school district but I want to know if it is a great neigborhood or can just anyone live there? Is it mainly higher end homes or is it mixed with condos and townhomes and lower priced homes? I am just trying to get an idea of what type of area it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
And the great American dream of equality of opportunity and the inherent value of all people regardless of their income level dies without a whimper!

This is why I could never live in a master-planned community, the forced insistence to live in a community created only through income-level gives me the shivers.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 PM

Thank you for your response, but it neither answers my question nor helps in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:22 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,733,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
Thank you for your response, but it neither answers my question nor helps in any way, shape or form.
I agree with centalaustinite. So places where just anyone can live are not 'great' by your definition? That outlook will just get you derision from 95% of Texans/Austinites. And by the way downtown condos are not cheap. Some even cost as much as 3 or 4 Steiner Ranch homes.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM

You have to understand where I am coming from. There are areas where I live that you can't tell what type of neighborhood you are getting into just because the homes look nice or are big and new. That is the reason for my question. I don't know the area, and I don't want to move to a neighborhood where my car will be broken into and the house next door has drug dealers. So my question, which no one has answered yet, is the neighborhood nice and upscale. That's all I want to know. I am not trying to start an argument of philosphies, just need some information.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
How do y'all know what the motives behind the OP are? I don't really think there is enough information in it to respond with such snark.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Thank you Jennibc.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
"Upscale" compared to what?

Need to know the "shape & form" of your definition.

(& aren't some drug dealers pretty well off? Would they want their children to attend an exemplary school?)

Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
So those of you living in Central Austin where one cannot purchase a home for under 400K, why don't you let me know how many lower income people live in your neighborhood.

I grew up in a lower income working class neighborhood as did my husband. I was bullied because I was a sensitive and smart kid and my husband had the kid across the street die of an OD. You can be damn sure we worked really hard so that we could provide a better environment for our children. It's a nice fantasy to think that we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya regardless of income levels but the truth is there is some serious ugliness in the underclass - I know because I came from it.

Do you think that kid that was set on fire in Florida by some other neighborhood kids was in the middle or upper middle class?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,432,372 times
Okay, I'll take a stab at this one since no one wants to help out the OP. Senna Hills is a very nice neighborhood. I wouldn't worry about the condos in there because they are pretty high end condos. You'll probably find some retirees in there. Senna Hills is in a fabulous part of Austin with highly rated schools. You'll find white collar workers here, people who maintain there homes and care about their community. If you are planning to purchase here, I would say that you are making a fine choice. Centralaustinite hates anything that is not central Austin. Central Austin is not upscale per say, certain areas are, Tarrytown, etc. but there are many areas such as Hyde Park/Allandale that still have pockets that aren't that great.

Westlake is a fabulous area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin