Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,086 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Austin over the summer and I'm looking for a preschool for my 5 yo boy (late summer birthday so we are waiting until next year to send him to kindergarten) and a boy who just turned 2.

Have done my research for Westlake area preschools and am on the waiting lists for St. John Neumann, Westlake Presbyterian, and Riverbend. I have anecdotal feedback from 2 people with children at the schools, but was looking for additional feedback for pros/cons and strengths/weakenesses of each.

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,947 times
Hello there:

I have just read your message. My family are also moving to Austin and we are trying to find a house close to central austin (hate the idea of commuting). We have a 4 year old and I was curious to know whether you were satisfied with any of the preschool centres in the Westlake area. Hope you were able to find a good solution for your little boy.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:00 AM

543 posts, read 1,740,098 times
Our granddaughter attended the Young Peoples Workshop. It is a Spanish-immersion pre-school located on Bee Caves Road. We are very happy for the time she spent there. She is now doing very well at Lee Elementary.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 PM

743 posts, read 1,371,094 times
We had a FABULOUS experience at Riverbend. At the time, they had a great teacher dedicated to the class that was turning 5 over the summer and waiting for a year to go to kindergarten. Not sure if she is still there, but the design of that class was unique to those older kids' needs. It is a developmental preschool, so don't expect heavy academics, but my children were all more than prepared to enter kindergarten upon leaving Riverbend.

Without exception, my children's teachers at Riverbend were outstanding. They were warm & nurturing, but also well-skilled in early childhood development. By the time we arrived at Riverbend (we moved from out of state), I already had experience with 3 other preschools, and without a doubt, I would rank Riverbend at the top of them.

If it makes you feel any better, we decided to move in July and were put at #50 or #60 on the wait list. By October, my son was in. Have patience with those wait lists!

I also have many friends with good experiences at Westlake Hills Presbyterian and Westlake United Methodist (very close to SJN). Another one to consider is Shepherd of the Hills on Bee Cave Road. All of them are good developmental programs, and most will have waitlists, but as I said, be patient and something should work out. It also helps to call as school is about to start...sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,332 times
My church, St. Michael's Episcopal Church, has a new preschool opening this Fall. There will be a Mother's Day Out program for 2 years old and a Pre-school for 3's and 4's. They have openings now. The church is located on Capital of Texas Highway in Westlake. The website is www.stmichaelsdayschool.org. Hope this information is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: