Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,818,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb9152 View Post
You realize the post you replied to is over two years old, right?
City-Data encourages necro-posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM

522 posts, read 653,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
City-Data encourages necro-posting.
Ugh. That sounds...cadaverish....yeesh.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:46 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I apologize the inconvenience but there needs to be something done about road rage.

1.) Today I almost got hit twice today one in the parking lot & the other by a wrong way driver who seemed to care.

2.) Then after that another person who thinks he owns the road tries to hit me.

Yes, glad you had self control over your road rage!

Some people have no self control. They were never taught that in life. Glad you were.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 PM

249 posts, read 489,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
It is hard to believe that anyone would ram a car with his truck like that, but I guess there are a fair share of Neanderthals carrying driver's licenses. Probably a mixture of 'roid and road rage.
It's a good way to get shot dead in a case of justifiable self-defense.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,148,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, glad you had self control over your road rage!

Some people have no self control. They were never taught that in life. Glad you were.
Thanks...

Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM

77 posts, read 200,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfaz View Post
It's a good way to get shot dead in a case of justifiable self-defense.
This is exactly right........
Referring back to the original story, a vehicle is a weapon. This has been proven thousands of times over in police related defensive shootings. If some one points a firearm at a child any parent would react and no jury in this country would hold him accountable. In a case such as this deadly force would be entirely justifiable. This guy just pointed a 5000 lb projectile at a child!

We are from the upper midwest, where people slow to allow passing, wave you in on merging, and actually know the meaning of a yield sign.
We have fallen in love with Austin and Texas in general, yet, the drivers down here are a menace, plain and simple. I've even had conversations with law enforcement officials who point blank said the drivers in this area are the worse they've ever seen.
I personally don't understand how two minutes cut off of a commute, or possibly holding your place in line could be worth some one else's life.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 PM

The OP story was from 2010, but there have been others more recently:

Quote:
August 16, 2012 ROAD RAGE: Man arrested after shooting at car full of people | kvue.com Austin
Detectives with the Travis County Sheriff’s Department have arrested and charged a 20-year-old man with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after they said he fired multiple rounds at a moving vehicle on I-35 Tuesday.
Quote:
March 12, 2012 Stabbing linked to road rage | KXAN.com TRAVIS COUNTY (KXAN) - The Travis County Sheriff's Office has booked a motorist motorist they believed stabbed another driver near State Highway 71 and Toll Road 130 late Sunday.

Not just in Austin/Travis County. The whole country seems to be going nuts:

Quote:
October 12, 2011 Road rage leads to stabbing

PORT ARTHUR — A Port Neches man could face two aggravated assault charges stemming from a road rage incident in which the suspect allegedly rammed another vehicle then stabbed the driver on Monday.
Quote:
Jan 9, 2012 Flower Mound Texas father shot in head, lives to tell about it
“Not everybody can get shot in the head and live to tell about it,” Brazil said. “I’m very surprised. I’m surprised I didn’t die.” Police said Brazil's friend, driving a Ford Taurus, cut off a Ford pickup truck driven by Bobby Schule of Flower Mound. Investigators said for the next 10 miles, the truck followed the Taurus before Schule allegedly opened fire, shattering the Taurus’ back window and hitting Brazil in the passenger seat.
Quote:
Feb 14, 2012 Harris County Texas Father of 5 shot dead driving home

The family of a man shot dead over the weekend is begging for the public's help to find his killer. Relatives say the father of five was driving home from work and believe it was either a case of road rage or mistaken identity.
Quote:
Fort Worth March 23, 2012 Woman grazed by bullet in road rage incident

Fort Worth police are investigating a road rage incident where a 23 year old was injured and left terrified by the close call.
Quote:
June 5, 2012
Man stabbed after a reported case of road rage | www.kfoxtv.com

EL PASO, Texas — A man ended up in the hospital after reportedly being stabbed in a case of road rage in an Eastside neighborhood.
Quote:
June 12, 2012 San Antonio Man gets 35 years in road rage death | kvue.com Austin
A South Texas man convicted in a road rage killing after the victim stopped to pick flowers for his wife has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.
And there are many more incidents nation wide. I speculate that the hard economic times has so many people stressed out, it doesn't take much to push them over the edge.

So hey! You be careful out there!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeandJill View Post
This is exactly right........
Referring back to the original story, a vehicle is a weapon. This has been proven thousands of times over in police related defensive shootings. If some one points a firearm at a child any parent would react and no jury in this country would hold him accountable. In a case such as this deadly force would be entirely justifiable. This guy just pointed a 5000 lb projectile at a child!

We are from the upper midwest, where people slow to allow passing, wave you in on merging, and actually know the meaning of a yield sign.
We have fallen in love with Austin and Texas in general, yet, the drivers down here are a menace, plain and simple. I've even had conversations with law enforcement officials who point blank said the drivers in this area are the worse they've ever seen.
I personally don't understand how two minutes cut off of a commute, or possibly holding your place in line could be worth some one else's life.
Keep in mind that the drivers down here, moved here from all over the country.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 PM

912 posts, read 1,276,956 times
About six years ago, I passed someone legally on a side street (there were two lanes and the person was doing 15mph), and they caught up to me, passed, parked to block me in, got out of their car and started to scream at me and my passengers. I had to then illegally go around into the oncoming lane to get away. I had a fear of old white sedans for months. It's not a new problem in Austin.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 PM

30 posts, read 52,481 times
to be honest... you all have to agree that some of these drivers are too stupid to carry license. i have seen many many drivers on MoPac driving so slow that they are helding back traffic for miles. i have seen them where there is not traffic ahead of them for at least a half mile or more.

in addition, just the other day i was in parking lot dropping some1 off, where the car ahead of me decided to tack up both lanes. then right at the turn they stopped and blocked the entire driveway. people exiting from highway could not get in and people leaving the parking lot could not get on the road. i was pissed so were others....so depeding on the type of day people are having someone is bound to get beat the s**** out of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin