Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:41 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,818,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
Yeah, What is it with the lack of Chiko Rolls now?

Twinpoles? That icypole with the two sticks, that you could split and share with people. Haven't seen any for years.
Your'e right, and they were yellow and red, reminded me of those flags at the beach, lol. Also remember 'Toucans' (two-can), they were similar but they had like 4 flavours instead of just two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 AM

991 posts, read 1,762,044 times
Amazingly, pollywaffles and curly wurlys are available in New York grocery stores. Imported from England probably.

Ah the 5c redskin after school from the local milkbar. Lemon sherberts and strawberries and creams.

Last time I was back home they were even missing the potato scallop and fish cocktail from the local bbq chicken shop. Less battered savs too. Besides the fact its almost impossible to find the local chicken shop these days.

On the soft drink front, does anyone remember Leeds lemonade and they now have Lemon Lime Solo!!

Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Amazingly, pollywaffles and curly wurlys are available in New York grocery stores. Imported from England probably.

Ah the 5c redskin after school from the local milkbar. Lemon sherberts and strawberries and creams.

Last time I was back home they were even missing the potato scallop and fish cocktail from the local bbq chicken shop. Less battered savs too. Besides the fact its almost impossible to find the local chicken shop these days.

On the soft drink front, does anyone remember Leeds lemonade and they now have Lemon Lime Solo!!
This is an odd name

potato cake makes much more sense to me.

ohh lemon sherberts... my grandfather had a stash of these for me....

Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
This is an odd name

potato cake makes much more sense to me.

ohh lemon sherberts... my grandfather had a stash of these for me....
Maybe it's a state thing? Only see 'em here occasionally and they're called 'potato fritters.' Pineapple fritters, though, they were a classic!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,806,527 times
What were the lollies that had a licorice for a straw and had some powdery candy filling????

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What were the lollies that had a licorice for a straw and had some powdery candy filling????
Was the filling sherbert? Those were Wonka sherbert fabulicious, I love those, lol. And the purple ones with green sherberty filling and nerds in them.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,806,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Was the filling sherbert? Those were Wonka sherbert fabulicious, I love those, lol. And the purple ones with green sherberty filling and nerds in them.
YES!!!!

I have to say,lollies over there were so much better than here....

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe it's a state thing? Only see 'em here occasionally and they're called 'potato fritters.' Pineapple fritters, though, they were a classic!
potato fritter makes sense too

only occasionally see them in Perth?

I can not get fish'n'chips without a potato cake...

Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
potato fritter makes sense too

only occasionally see them in Perth?

I can not get fish'n'chips without a potato cake...
Don't the chips give you enough potato? lol

Sometimes I take a bit of batter from the fish and eat it with the chips, lol.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
YES!!!!

I have to say,lollies over there were so much better than here....
Really? That's interesting to hear. I assumed the variety of 'candy' in the States would put us to shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand