U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
 
80 posts, read 77,671 times
Reputation: 69

Advertisements

A armed Kiwi has held up a section of Brisbane CBD. He moored his moored his boat to the ferry wharf and has disrupted businesses for the last 9 hours.

He told the courier mail that he has personal issues and is prepared to hole up on the wharf for the next two weeks.

What does he want? a bacon and egg McMuffin, which he couldn't get because Maccas stops serving them at 10.30am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 AM
 
656 posts, read 1,721,727 times
Reputation: 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie View Post
A armed Kiwi has held up a section of Brisbane CBD. He moored his moored his boat to the ferry wharf and has disrupted businesses for the last 9 hours.

He told the courier mail that he has personal issues and is prepared to hole up on the wharf for the next two weeks.

What does he want? a bacon and egg McMuffin, which he couldn't get because Maccas stops serving them at 10.30am
Yes it is a Bold plan, almost flawless. Hold up a inner city wharf with a can of Gas and a Bayonet until the Cops meet your demand. A man's got a do what he can to get a McMuffin fix. A shame he didn't calculate the 10:30 am cut off which have left him and the police stumped on what to do. Looks like the standoff might have to wait until Macca's start serving McMuffin's at 12:01am tomorrow

Look I admit sometimes I get a craving for a McMuffin but I'm not sure I would go to this length.....but Macca's Pancakes would be a different story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,691 posts, read 19,941,070 times
Reputation: 11862
Sounds like he simply wanted his time in the spotlight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 AM
 
11,708 posts, read 6,270,515 times
Reputation: 15542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sounds like he simply wanted his time in the spotlight.
sounds like he has issues, and is very selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 AM
 
35 posts, read 55,142 times
Reputation: 67
well he certainly does have bigger issues and this is ho its manifested. always classy of the australian media- whenever something horrible is done by a foreigner we always gotta mention the nationality. whenever a foreigner does something great, suddenly they are australian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Perth, Western Australia
9,598 posts, read 15,665,517 times
Reputation: 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Looks like the standoff might have to wait until Macca's start serving McMuffin's at 12:01am tomorrow
Breckie isn't served in most restaurants here until 6:00 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Brisbane
2,656 posts, read 2,622,311 times
Reputation: 2087
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovski View Post
well he certainly does have bigger issues and this is ho its manifested. always classy of the australian media- whenever something horrible is done by a foreigner we always gotta mention the nationality. whenever a foreigner does something great, suddenly they are australian.
When when a queenslander does something wrong, they say their from Queensland, New South Welshman - New South Wales etc, so foriegners are not treated differently to everyone else in that regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
 
656 posts, read 1,721,727 times
Reputation: 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Breckie isn't served in most restaurants here until 6:00 am.
My bad Coldy, I'm pretty sure it changes over at 3/4 am down here. We are talking about the 24 hr stores. I know I used to get mine sometimes close to 4am if I got to be at work at 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 PM
 
1,286 posts, read 796,303 times
Reputation: 746
He wanted a bacon and egg McMuffin, I think it shows commitment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 PM
 
80 posts, read 77,671 times
Reputation: 69
It does, he should be rewarded with a Macca's advertising contract at the very least.

I think this highlights the problems boaties have getting a decent breakfast, Brissy needs floating fast food restaurants for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top