U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 AM

656 posts, read 2,373,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I can recall moments of watching Romper Room in 1986.
I think they had it on TV here until at least 1987; till I grew out of it or got distracted by other shows?
I wouldn't be surprised if different countries aired Romper Room in different years.
Yes Romper Room was produced in many versions world wide and all at different times

I used to love that Canadian show 'Beachcombers' Coldy. I would watch that religiously when ever they played it here on the school holidays. Alex and his jet boat where my favorite characters
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:38 AM

9,595 posts, read 22,923,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
I used to love that Canadian show 'Beachcombers' Coldy. I would watch that religiously when ever they played it here on the school holidays. Alex and his jet boat where my favorite characters
Is that why Australians love Canadians; most have watched our TV shows?

How about any of our recent hits?
Trailer Park Boys, Corner Gas, Little Mosque On The Prairie (not children's shows, but still comedies)

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 12-16-2010 at 08:12 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,217,197 times
Quote:

Trailer Park Boys, Corner Gas, Little Mosque On The Prairie (not children's shows, but still comedies)

Proabably?

The ABC always seemed to import alot of Canadian shows? Most of them were cartoons (I loved "Babar" as a kid ), but they often brought over alot of Live-action stuff aswell.

Trailer Park Boys was shown on the Comedy Channel(Foxtel) and Corner Gas was on SBS.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM

20,605 posts, read 25,677,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Yes Romper Room was produced in many versions world wide and all at different times

I think his name was Relic.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 PM

112 posts, read 316,761 times
Quote:

I remember watching trailer park boys that was really funny (in the so bad its good category). I also remember The Tom Green Show! (this is the tom green show not the green tom show its the tom green show its my favourite show) I remember he would get his audience in a bus and go to his parents house and other places unannounced - very funny
There was a childrens comedy show where they would go "here comes the judge here comes the judge) it was more like a childrens version of saturday night live. And cant forget "Degrassi junior high and degrassi high) I have a 3 yr old and a lot of shows are more sophisticated (or enjoyable) My 3 yr old loves the wiggles, hi-5, imagination movers, mickey mouse, handy manny.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 PM

3,338 posts, read 5,544,606 times
How about The Littlest Hobo? That was a great Canadian classic that I think was broadcast in the States and elsewhere (Australia and the UK?). I still have the opening theme in my head.

"Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down.... until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand