U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 PM

2,562 posts, read 1,709,864 times

Advertisements

Well I don't see any great reduction in my bills or COL since it was removed.
Electricity bills are still unregulated and out of control, only my Council rates I noted came down marginally.
Its almost like the Big 4 Banks, they always pass on a rate rise in full, but only partially pass on an interest rate cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 04:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 943,099 times
Last bill I had there were a $40 deduction for the defunct carbon tax. Prices have gone up because the power companies have been made to bring their infrastructure up to standard and make it more resilient (after starving it for cash so many years). Something to do with cyclones, floods, sparking wires, wooden power poles and bush fires, I think.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 AM

235 posts, read 329,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Well I don't see any great reduction in my bills or COL since it was removed.
Electricity bills are still unregulated and out of control, only my Council rates I noted came down marginally.
Its almost like the Big 4 Banks, they always pass on a rate rise in full, but only partially pass on an interest rate cut.
There won't be a reduction, that's why you haven't seen one.

Abbott is a lying piece of sh*t.

The carbon tax would have done more good for country than any of his stupid policies and it was proven to have significantly reduced emissions will it was in effect. Too bad he took it away.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:25 AM

6,784 posts, read 3,118,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyeve View Post
There won't be a reduction, that's why you haven't seen one.

Abbott is a lying piece of sh*t.

The carbon tax would have done more good for country than any of his stupid policies and it was proven to have significantly reduced emissions will it was in effect. Too bad he took it away.

Abbott should really have a good look at how he is currently adding to global emissions, whilst most developed countries are taking pledges to reduce emissions, and are currently going through with it. Australia is a great country and I don't want our reputation to be ruined because of this.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:34 AM

235 posts, read 329,118 times
The emissions are concerning. As is the rise in temperatures and extended heat waves every summer. In fact, it's beyond concerning. The country seems to be warming even faster than predicted. All we can do is do our own little bit to help the planet, i.e. reduce our own carbon footprint. I recycle, compost, use clean energy and am very anal-retentive about water conservation (quick showers and the like). I'm also always supporting companies that have a clean green initiative and ditching those that don't support the environment. I definitely do my little bit.

What disappoints me most is the pollution in my area. I'm still shocked this country hasn't switched to paper bags as opposed to plastic. This should of been done years ago if you ask me...

Old 03-13-2015, 05:16 AM

421 posts, read 244,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyeve View Post
The country seems to be warming even faster than predicted.
Really? Any reference for that? Does the CSIRO even claim that?

Old 03-13-2015, 05:18 AM

421 posts, read 244,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post

Abbott should really have a good look at how he is currently adding to global emissions, whilst most developed countries are taking pledges to reduce emissions, and are currently going through with it. Australia is a great country and I don't want our reputation to be ruined because of this.
Are you suggesting Australia is not achieving its carbon emission reduction objectives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand