Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

65 posts, read 181,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
That is actually flattering in a way, although I have not the faintest idea how or why we would change Australia.

Ironic that most of the movie took place in New York City. Most Aussies take their interest in America from Star Trek. You lot think we all command spaceships and have pointed ears.

nope.

Us Aussies think americans are people who don't know anything outside of the borders of USA mainland. It's the truth. go up to random americans in USA with a map of the world and ask them to point to Australia, USA, Canada, Germany, UK, Sri Lanka. I would be suprised if 7/10 americans you asked got more then 3 correct

no disrespect intended but thats how we aussises view americans

Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Hey! i am an 'Olive' and I love Oil (Olive oil i.e. play on words).

No but really i have spanish ancestry and i have received alot of spanish looking (aka 'olive') genes. my brothers look very 'anglo'. one is blonde hair, blue eyes, the other is brown hair, brown eyes. I am Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes with very olive skin (takes me ages to burn in the sun... and tanning takes ages...).

People haved asked my mother in the past if we (my brothers and i) all had the same father (which we do). LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkotheAussie View Post
nope.

Us Aussies think americans are people who don't know anything outside of the borders of USA mainland. It's the truth. go up to random americans in USA with a map of the world and ask them to point to Australia, USA, Canada, Germany, UK, Sri Lanka. I would be suprised if 7/10 americans you asked got more then 3 correct

Yep.

Australia is full of bogans. They cannot even find Tasmania on the map. "Who cares long as I gets me ma lager!" I would be surprised if 8/10 Australians could manage it.

No disrepect intended but that is the reality of your land. However, I will gladly admit the other 20% are some of the coolest folks on the planet.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 PM

yeh we are all bogans... Its not a matter of if we can find Tasmania on the map.. its a matter of who cares? lol

Tasmania is where the only virgin girls are the ones that run faster than their brothers

Old 09-05-2008, 05:01 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
so Tasmania is the Arkansas of Australia .....?

Old 09-05-2008, 05:58 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,466 times
Quote:
Americans are fascinated with Australia(ns).

What? lol

Old 09-05-2008, 05:59 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
so Tasmania is the Arkansas of Australia .....?
Haha, I really lol'ed.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times
Quote:
Australia violence-high to very high censor, USA violence-very low censor.
Really? How did such an awesome but super-violent movie like The Road Warrior get made in such a high censor country? I think I remember years ago seeing another movie that was super-violent and I believe it was Australian. Can't recall the name now but it had Russell Crowe (he was really young) and he was in some crazy gang. It seemed really violent.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Really? How did such an awesome but super-violent movie like The Road Warrior get made in such a high censor country? I think I remember years ago seeing another movie that was super-violent and I believe it was Australian. Can't recall the name now but it had Russell Crowe (he was really young) and he was in some crazy gang. It seemed really violent.
Romper Stomper

Years ago, We didn't take ourselves quite so seriously! Having A certain amount of Violence and bad language in our media, Was quite acceptable. However, We're increasingly Being carried away by the PC brigade, Who is often calling for stronger censorship in Australia

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 09-05-2008 at 08:46 PM..

Old 09-05-2008, 08:50 PM

50 posts, read 90,334 times
Quote:
nope.

Wow! that's pretty harsh, but unfortunately true. However, I can assure you that I'm one American that could get them ALL correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand