U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 01:49 AM

2,192 posts, read 3,027,697 times

Advertisements

Yes to above. I'm afraid the promotion of crass individualism and greed has acquired such a result. I'm not entirely convinced is this Sydney siders,( or more national characteristics,) are extrovert. Rather easily embarrassed when away from comfort zone. But tend to be very status orientated, shallow, indifferent and somewhat rough edged.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 09:03 AM

158 posts, read 12,681 times
Most friendliest = rural country towns (especially west of the Great Dividing Range)

Least friendliest = urban elitist major cities (especially Sydney & Melbourne)

Strewth.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:29 AM

2,593 posts, read 1,743,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaminaby Angler View Post
Most friendliest = rural country towns (especially west of the Great Dividing Range)

Strewth.
I would have to disagree there, that is a bit of an urban myth.

Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaminaby Angler View Post

Strewth.
Most tolerant = urban 'elitist' (?) inner and middle positioned suburbs.

Least tolerant = Bogan outer suburbs and with some notable exceptions, smaller rural town s, where acceptance can indeed be hard won, but if not exactly 'unfriendly', then too often' self absorbed', rather closed with a 'fit in or fcku off' type attitude if bother at all.

IMO, not sure an area fits with any clarity at all into a friendly stereo type locality. More down to individuals met and their openness towards outsiders. The cliquey general behaviour all too common, probably makes it hard in general. Of course it depends if we are talking politeness or friendliness, and what exactly our interpretations are of the latter.

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I would have to disagree there, that is a bit of an urban myth.
Australia for some reason, seems to remain a nation still in awe of long passed urban myths.

Old Today, 12:11 PM

157 posts, read 58,053 times
Most friendliest place I have been in Australia was the wealthy suburb of Mosman in Sydney. Lived there for a few months and the people were amazing. It was like a community. My neighbors helped when I needed and although it’s true that some people can be entitled (like one lady who parked her Mercedes on a bus stop) my experiences were the best I have had so far in Oz and I have lived/been in so many places throughout the country.

Least friendliest place? I have to say that places with a lot of bogans aren’t my cup of tea. For instance Perth and The Gold Coast or Maroubra/Cronulla in Sydney. I have been briefly in very small towns because I am not a countryside boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or