Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
she,s lecturing people from her ivory tower , she,s not an elected representitive , she has no business making such public utterances , its willfully obnoxious and arrogant

ugly cow aswell
I never understand the indignation people have when someone makes comments that become public. You agree with them, fine, don't like them, ignore them and if you want to debate them, have at it.

Last I checked Australia wasn't a totalitarian state yet where comments are checked before a panel of masterminds to determine their political correctness.

Like "elected representatives" are some sorts of geniuses that know all? They are not any smarter than anyone else and are merely employees of the citizens.

Whether she is ugly, obnoxious or arrogant matters little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I never understand the indignation people have when someone makes comments that become public. You agree with them, fine, don't like them, ignore them and if you want to debate them, have at it.

Last I checked Australia wasn't a totalitarian state yet where comments are checked before a panel of masterminds to determine their political correctness.

Like "elected representatives" are some sorts of geniuses that know all? They are not any smarter than anyone else and are merely employees of the citizens.

Fair enough you are not Australian, unlike another country we do not believe lucking in to be the daughter of a rich man fills one with wisdom.
She is smarter than say Bob Hawke ? I would back Hawke in any IQ test against her.
Her being fat,ugly, and abnoxious are statements of fact, at least most drunks wake sober, she would wake the same.
Oh to be succesful one cannot drink and smoke ? might I suggest a touch of Aussie modern history.
Her land that the ore is in, like a lot of Aussie stations I have a suspicion that it is leased from the crown except for small parts of it.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Fair enough you are not Australian, unlike another country we do not believe lucking in to be the daughter of a rich man fills one with wisdom.
She is smarter than say Bob Hawke ? I would back Hawke in any IQ test against her.
Her being fat,ugly, and abnoxious are statements of fact, at least most drunks wake sober, she would wake the same.
Oh to be succesful one cannot drink and smoke ? might I suggest a touch of Aussie modern history.
Her land that the ore is in, like a lot of Aussie stations I have a suspicion that it is leased from the crown except for small parts of it.
Actually, this sentiment of bagging a woman out because of her looks is pretty **** poor and misogynistic. Its pretty tiring to hear how a woman looks when they're in a position of power ~ whether that be in business or government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

No, we're not a totalitarian state, and when someone says something that is stupid, we'll let em know about it.

Ask Gerry Harvey.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Actually, this sentiment of bagging a woman out because of her looks is pretty **** poor and misogynistic. Its pretty tiring to hear how a woman looks when they're in a position of power ~ whether that be in business or government.

No, we're not a totalitarian state, and when someone says something that is stupid, we'll let em know about it.

Ask Gerry Harvey.
If the dumb woman is going to speak of discipline, she should at least apply that to herself, she badly needs to lose fifty Kilos by eating a lot less and taking some exercise, and no not just at the dining table.
She could look attractive, but that would take work.
Poor and misogynistic ? she wanted to play big boys games, so big boys rules apply to her.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
If the dumb woman is going to speak of discipline, she should at least apply that to herself, she badly needs to lose fifty Kilos by eating a lot less and taking some exercise, and no not just at the dining table.
She could look attractive, but that would take work.
Poor and misogynistic ? she wanted to play big boys games, so big boys rules apply to her.
I don't agree with what she has said, but it really shows your lack of intelligence that you stoop to these inane insults.

Is Clive Palmer the beacon of health? Do people refer to his physique when referring to his stupid suggestions?

Was Kim Beazely, John Howard, Kevin Rudd referred to as "ugly pricks" in their time as leader?

No, it wasn't poor. It is pi$$ poor.

Its okay. its merely your opinion, lets not get confused, it hardly matters.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,731,547 times
It seems Mrs Rinehart is up to it again:

Rinehart's explosive video sparks outrage - Yahoo!7 Finance Australia

And one of the things I disagree with on her original claim was that people that are wealthy create opportunities and employment for others.
Most people that I know or have known that are moderately wealthy, eg own a number of investment properties etc, are still as tight as a fish's proverbial - ie they don't go out for dinner, often don't drink or go away on holidays, or spend any money on their properties!
Great when you have been a tennant for such a person, you can count on nothing getting done when you ask for it.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,382 times
Investments don't create jobs, they create interest. Me spending money at Woolies every week creates jobs, in the peple who staff the shop, the people who grow, package and ship the food. Give Gina an extra million and it would just sit in an account somewhere, give it to a million poor people and it would go straight into the real economy.

Trickle down economics is so patently false it reflects upon the intelligence of the people touting it.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Investments don't create jobs, they create interest. Me spending money at Woolies every week creates jobs, in the peple who staff the shop, the people who grow, package and ship the food. Give Gina an extra million and it would just sit in an account somewhere, give it to a million poor people and it would go straight into the real economy.

Trickle down economics is so patently false it reflects upon the intelligence of the people touting it.
I'd say more the people swallowing it hook line and sinker, like a lot of working class Americans who vote American . At least Australian workers aren't sucked in by that bull, maybe cos they aren't so hung up about totally relevant issues like gay marriage.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
She really needs to hire a media consultant...

Old 09-06-2012, 07:18 PM

317 posts, read 528,178 times
If your rich and a ***** clap your hands!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand