Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manygeese View Post
Snowtown is just up the road.
I was waiting for the first snowtown comment. Lol.

Dexter goes to Adelaide - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 PM

3,801 posts, read 2,995,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post

And maybe the inevitable David Hicks reference?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
.... and no reference to brown water ....

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 10-31-2013 at 11:16 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
And maybe the inevitable David Hicks reference?
Even he got bored w Adelaide and is now living in Syd..

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
Quote:

LOL…Yeah, I noticed they sell small barrels now with body parts sticking out the top. I don't know if they are made out of plastic or pottery. What a tourist drawcard…PMSL. They could cash in big time with a little more tourist publicity.

Back to Adelaide, it used to be called the city of churches, I've renamed it the city of pot holes. Try to dodge one manhole or IP and you hit another, seems they've got them strategically placed so you can't avoid hitting any of 'em. It staggers me why they don't raise those IP's and manholes to road level, any wonder the suspension's shot in cars after 12 months of that constant pounding

Brown water: I can remember well the days when we would bath the kids and there would be mud laying on the bottom of the bath *before* the kids even got in. You just reminded me of those days <g>.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
LOL…Yeah, I noticed they sell small barrels now with body parts sticking out the top. I don't know if they are made out of plastic or pottery. What a tourist drawcard…PMSL. They could cash in big time with a little more tourist publicity.

Back to Adelaide, it used to be called the city of churches, I've renamed it the city of pot holes. Try to dodge one manhole or IP and you hit another, seems they've got them strategically placed so you can't avoid hitting any of 'em. It staggers me why they don't raise those IP's and manholes to road level, any wonder the suspension's shot in cars after 12 months of that constant pounding

Brown water: I can remember well the days when we would bath the kids and there would be mud laying on the bottom of the bath *before* the kids even got in. You just reminded me of those days <g>.
I do t remember the potholes actually.. But I left in 2008 and pretty much used a car to get out of the city or weekly shopping. They did a nice job keeping north Adelside pothole free when I was there,

I like to make some fun of ADL, but to be honest, I thought it was a nice city to live in.. Friendly people, no severe congestion and brilliant food and wine. My first winter in actor onto I was so miserable.j

Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,619 times
Quote:
OK some of you folks know Im a former croweater and that I'm a Uni Adelaide alumni.
So I'm not ashamed to profess my love of Adelaide.

BUT.. to be in the same Lonely Planet list of top 20 cities to visit in 2014.. with Paris?
And no Sydney or Melbourne?

I get it.. and don't get it.

What do folks think?
Adelaide voted one of the world's best cities for 2014 | News.com.au

Even the NY Times did a positive article on ADL few years ago
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/tr...anted=all&_r=0
I've never been but have relatives down that way. I don't think they'd agree with the Lonely Planet's list but it's somewhere where I'd like to visit soon, I've not done much of SA yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand