Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 06:27 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,619 times

Advertisements

I was well shocked to read about it and the injuries to the German couple camping in Whakatane.

Such horrendous violence without provocation. What on earth would cause a group of kids to do something like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
I was well shocked to read about it and the injuries to the German couple camping in Whakatane.

Such horrendous violence without provocation. What on earth would cause a group of kids to do something like that?
I just think the overall violence/crime rate is surging throughout Australia & NZ. And it ain't getting any better

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...tmare-injuries

Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
Bunch of bored teenagers up to no good, it's nothing new or unique to Oz or NZ. It's no commoner here than anywhere else, people should get some perspective and not rely on a few isolated incidents instead of actual stats.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:37 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Bunch of bored teenagers up to no good, it's nothing new or unique to Oz or NZ. It's no commoner here than anywhere else, people should get some perspective and not rely on a few isolated incidents instead of actual stats.

That's not the logical non-hysterical answer this low post count all Anti NZ anonymous, probably Aussie poster is looking for lol.

Is being Anti NZ online like a actual payed job or is it some kind of sickness?, I really can't figure it out.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
I just think the overall violence/crime rate is surging throughout Australia & NZ. And it ain't getting any better

Whakatane Camping Nightmare For German Tourists | Stuff.co.nz
I'm not talking about overall crime rates, or trying to compare countries. I'm just finding it hard to understand why 14 and 15 year old kids would want to bash the crap out of two fellow human beings who were doing them no harm. At the moment it looks like they did it for the fun.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about overall crime rates, or trying to compare countries. I'm just finding it hard to understand why 14 and 15 year old kids would want to bash the crap out of two fellow human beings who were doing them no harm. At the moment it looks like they did it for the fun.
Why not post on the crime here in Brisbane, there is plenty of it and it concerns you more directly?. I think when most of your posts are Anti NZ or indented to provoke a response, its easy to become suspicious of your intentions.

You have to ask yourself why are you so threatened by NZ?, Kiwis are not in here trashing Australia or starting hate forums specifically to hate on Aus, I find the behaviour all very odd.

Autualy I do know "exactly" what it is, "some" Australians are annoyed with the fact NZ often as a certain fairytale international image where Australia's image is a bit more ummm less favourable.

Not sure you are doing anything to help the Aussie cause, Jealousy seldom comes across as a attractive trait.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:01 PM

I don't live in Brisbane. If a group of kids did the same thing in the small town where I live (smaller than Whakatane actually) I'd be as equally mortified and asking the same questions.

BTW, I'm NOT Australian I just live here. I have been to Whakatane camping a number of times with my kids (who happen to be the same age as those thugs) and never had a problem, hence the interest. I can't imagine them or any of their mates doing anything like this. The most they'd do would be to pull out the guy ropes and prank the occupants, even then that wouldn't happen because there's no way they'd be out that time of time of night.

Are you a Kiwi by any chance, what brings you over here and why does a crime like this not shock you too? Why do you think they did what they did?

Just trying to make some sense of this. You seem to want to turn it into a NZ v. Aus thing which wasn't my intention, why should it be yours? ipso facto Tourists no longer safe in Australia?

Last edited by Samuel,J; 12-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: added link to Battenetter's troll post

Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I don't live in Brisbane. If a group of kids did the same thing in the small town where I live (smaller than Whakatane actually) I'd be as equally mortified and asking the same questions.

BTW, I'm NOT Australian I just live here. I have been to Whakatane camping a number of times with my kids (who happen to be the same age as those thugs) and never had a problem, hence the interest. I can't imagine them or any of their mates doing anything like this. The most they'd do would be to pull out the guy ropes and prank the occupants, even then that wouldn't happen because there's no way they'd be out that time of time of night.

Are you a Kiwi by any chance, what brings you over here and why does a crime like this not shock you too? Why do you think they did what they did?

Just trying to make some sense of this. You seem to want to turn it into a NZ v. Aus thing which wasn't my intention, why should it be yours? ipso facto Tourists no longer safe in Australia?
Sure the crime you posted is horrific just like the ones in my thread.

You will have to forgive me if I don't take everything you type as gosphel, we have seen fake accounts in here claiming to be American trashing NZ. I know a Kiwis hate forum that has recently become inactive and I suspect some members might be looking for a new on-line home. But at least here I wont get banned for defending NZ especially when I back up my argument with facts, balance and non hysterical common sense

Yes I am Kiwi to answer your question.

What nationality do you claim to be?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
Sure the crime you posted is horrific just like the ones in my thread.

You will have to forgive me if I don't take everything you type as gosphel, we have seen fake accounts in here claiming to be American trashing NZ. I know a Kiwis hate forum that has recently become inactive and I suspect some members might be looking for a new on-line home. But at least here I wont get banned for defending NZ especially when I back up my argument with facts, balance and non hysterical common sense

Yes I am Kiwi to answer your question.

What nationality do you claim to be?
I'm British born and bred, there's no claim about it. I'd show you my birth cert but I don't want to encourage creeps.

Now I understand why you're so defensive, thanks for the apology I won't hold it against you. I can assure you I have NO involvement with a Kiwi hate forum. Some of your facts are a little skewiff and your posts aren't always balanced but you do come up with some interesting info. Perhaps if you put your suspicions aside you wouldn't come across as as unstable? I'm sure you're a great guy in real life.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM

387 posts, read 871,053 times
Quote:

We don't really know......and we don't have the answers
This kind of crime IS A PROBLEM in NZ ...and I do believe we shouldn't try and explain it away with 'but it happens everywhere else'.
Well it might just be a problem in other countries ....however it is a MORE significant problem in NZ.
We need to ask why do young Maori people feel the need to randomly bash foreign tourists?
This a serious issue in NZ and anyway who lives here will tell you that it is a FREQUENT OCCURENCE
The next question is obvious ....why are Maori so violent?
Colonisation? Violence normalised behaviour with Maori? Poverty? Hate? Violent race?
I suspect the answer is somewhere there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand