Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 01:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,026 times

Advertisements

I had an interview yesterday morning and then they started the reference check.

I sent a text message to my previous colleagues to ask if she can be the referee. She said yes and asked me to send her my CV.

Then I asked her about the updated email address.

Later, the company sent her a email about the reference check.

I texted her to tell her to check the email. She replied she had looked at my CV and would tell me if the company call her.

I sent her the message to tell her she had to answer the question online.

I felt sorry because the above conversation happened when she was working. I said sorry to bother her and I was not in hurry, she can do it when she was free.

This morning, I called her and left a voice message to ensure if she got the email (because I want to ensure the email address is correct.)

She didn't reply. A few hours later I called again and didn't leave message.

Then I received an email and it said a few reminders have been sent to her but received nothing and the company asked me if I wanted to change the referee.

I called her again but she didn't answer and I sent a message to ask if she can check her email.

Finally she called me and said she will check tomorrow and sounds unhappy.

Am I pushy during the process. I know it is weekend but we are good friend so I think it is ok to contact her on Sat. I just want to make sure she gets the email.

English is my second language so maybe my texts didn't sound polite.

I want to know your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 01:25 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Yes you are. It is the company who is being unreasonable. If they want to check the reference, then call her. Or at least give her some days to respond. It's not her job interview.

It is enough to explain in detail what you want to do once in an email. Don't ask for confirmation that she will do it. You can send a text saying check your email.

Calling her on a Saturday is fine, but remember she may be busy.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,026 times
Default Camlon, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Yes you are. It is the company who is being unreasonable. If they want to check the reference, then call her. Or at least give her some days to respond. It's not her job interview.

It is enough to explain in detail what you want to do once in an email. Don't ask for confirmation that she will do it. You can send a text saying check your email.

Calling her on a Saturday is fine, but remember she may be busy.
Do you think I should say sth to make it up. I don't want her to think I am rude.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:05 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weicoffee View Post
Do you think I should say sth to make it up. I don't want her to think I am rude.
I don't think she consider you rude, but she may have gotten a little bit annoyed. Don't worry about it. I cannot answer if you need to apologize or not, you know her better.

Just remember in the future that when someone does you a favour, then don't push them too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand