Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:47 AM

19 posts, read 24,635 times

Advertisements

I've always noticed that Australians, a lot like Brits, dress well. They dress like something straight out of a fashion mag, and it always looks like they put a lot of effort into it. This includes both genders from what I have noticed. The height of my fashion efforts are splurging on a pair of wrangler jeans from walmart once every 6 months...Perhaps I am an unkempt slob though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:32 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,456,553 times
Really... where did you notice these well dressed australians?

All the australians I know have a wardrobe that consists entirely of sleeveless quik silver and billabong branded surf casual wear.

For that matter... where do you encounter well dressed brits?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Really... where did you notice these well dressed australians?

All the australians I know have a wardrobe that consists entirely of sleeveless quik silver and billabong branded surf casual wear.

For that matter... where do you encounter well dressed brits?
Expats in Canada, vlogs, photos, etc.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:38 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,593,689 times
In that case, I know that all Americans dress impeccably because I saw it on Gossip Girl and 30 Rock.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:16 PM

991 posts, read 1,762,517 times
I find boardies with a tie always impresses.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
In that case, I know that all Americans dress impeccably because I saw it on Gossip Girl and 30 Rock.
Why are you offended? I am simply saying that Australians enjoy looking dapper. That's it. Nothing to be offended by really.

Truth is, I have noticed this quite a bit. Even in Toronto, amongst the waves of people, Australians and Brits have always stuck out as dressing like they were on a modeling shoot.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,957,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzathehut View Post
Why are you offended? I am simply saying that Australians enjoy looking dapper. That's it. Nothing to be offended by really.

Truth is, I have noticed this quite a bit. Even in Toronto, amongst the waves of people, Australians and Brits have always stuck out as dressing like they were on a modeling shoot.
Ignore that one.

If you ever make it to Oz, you'll be pleasantly surprised that they dress no differently from Canadians and Americans at home.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:43 PM

3,748 posts, read 2,958,575 times
It is, but bear in mind that we pay top dollar for designer clothing and shoes etc.
This was particularly apparent on going to Hawaii last year, middle aged men in top clothing that only the elite, or snobby areas of Sydney etc could afford down here. (that is by buying it here and not overseas).

Old 04-29-2015, 07:16 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,593,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzathehut View Post

I'm not offended, I just think your naivete is a little ridiculous in this day and age.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:49 PM

102,086 posts, read 107,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Do you always form your opinions of people and customs in other countries from the media? This is unbelievable!

BTW, since you seem to be in Canada, all American families live in 2-story houses with immaculately-tended yards, some with swimming pools. But I guess you already knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand