Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:33 PM

10 posts, read 9,679 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

Looking to take a taxi to North Bondi from the airport. Could anyone suggest a good company? Also I will be arriving around 7:30am, could anyone suggest the best time to leave to avoid work traffic? Thanks so much!

Martha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,101,847 times
You can take any taxi at the taxi rank at the airport.

Otherwise, you can catch the train to central, take a taxi from there or a train out to Bondi Junction.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
You can take any taxi at the taxi rank at the airport.

Otherwise, you can catch the train to central, take a taxi from there or a train out to Bondi Junction.
The OP could also take the 400 bus:

http://www.sydneybuses.info/routes/400_20101128_tt.pdf

Not everyoneknows aboutthe above route. It goes on a trip from Burwood to the airport terminals (domestic and international) and then to Bondi Junction with a few stops in between. It takes about an hour from the airport to Bondi Junction, cost $4.60.

As for taxi cost, according to an article written in 2013, it is about $40-$45

Last edited by susankate; 05-20-2015 at 01:39 AM..

Old 05-20-2015, 07:57 AM

991 posts, read 1,768,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post

Not everyoneknows aboutthe above route. It goes on a trip from Burwood to the airport terminals (domestic and international) and then to Bondi Junction with a few stops in between. It takes about an hour from the airport to Bondi Junction, cost $4.60.

It would probably be best for the OP to take the taxi as it is still a bit of a hike to North Bondi and there are no free transfers in Sydney. If there is luggage involved then it's going to be a hassle.

Any company will work, make sure they use the meter and take it from the cab rank. If the OP is arriving internationally you won't be out of the terminal and in a cab until 8.30 at the earliest so you should be fine for missing rush hour to North Bondi.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 AM

Thanks Artemis, Susan and Nugget. I think I will just have to eat the cost of the taxi. I will be staying over a month so I'll definitely have a lot of luggage. Thanks for all the advice! I never realized Sydney was so BIG. Will be staying in Randwick, but rental agency is in North Bondi. Very excited.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:10 PM

30,608 posts, read 18,168,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post

Right, that's what I did when I arrived in Sydney! I didn't want to pay that insane figure to get to my place. Note, OP, while I initially stayed at a hotel near Kings Cross, which admittedly made things easier, I lived in Randwick for months (near the racetrack) and getting there from the airport isn't all that difficult either. Note, the difficulty of lugging baggage on the bus will depend on other factors as well, including age, etc. Still, understanding that you're going to take a cab from the airport this time, do consider taking the bus on your way out if you're able!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 AM

991 posts, read 1,768,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthasfoolishginger View Post
Thanks Artemis, Susan and Nugget. I think I will just have to eat the cost of the taxi. I will be staying over a month so I'll definitely have a lot of luggage. Thanks for all the advice! I never realized Sydney was so BIG. Will be staying in Randwick, but rental agency is in North Bondi. Very excited.
Sydney, as a metropolitan area is huge, as a city it is small. The City of Sydney is basically from just south of Central, west to Pyrmont, west to Rushcutters Bay and north to the Harbour.

You may be able to get the agency to meet you at the place in Randwick. If it's the agency I am thinking of they are usually accommodating.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the reply Prospect. I might consider taking public transport on my way back to the airport. I will be well rested and flight doesn't leave till after 3pm. Would you happen to know the details from Alison/Avoca in Randwick getting back to the airport? Thanks!

Nugget, yes I certainly am hoping the rental agency can meet me or at the very least give me an earlier check in. The woman at the agency told me a taxi into Randwick from their office is $20 yikes. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2015, 05:04 AM

30,608 posts, read 18,168,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthasfoolishginger View Post
Thanks for the reply Prospect. I might consider taking public transport on my way back to the airport. I will be well rested and flight doesn't leave till after 3pm. Would you happen to know the details from Alison/Avoca in Randwick getting back to the airport? Thanks!

Nugget, yes I certainly am hoping the rental agency can meet me or at the very least give me an earlier check in. The woman at the agency told me a taxi into Randwick from their office is $20 yikes. Thanks!
I just looked that intersection up on Google Maps (you're about a 10 minute's walk from where I stayed in Randwick!). For anything travel/public transportation related, I'd rely on Google Maps/Sydney bus schedule, which I found to be very helpful while staying in Australia. The 400 bus is a few minutes walk from that intersection, so the trek shouldn't be that difficult. Still having luggage with wheels would help.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:32 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,200 times
You could try this shuttle company where they take you straight to your door:

Welcome to Eastern Suburbs Shuttle Website
Welcome to Eastern Suburbs Shuttle Website

It is the same price as a taxi from the airport to Randwick but the price is set at $25 from the airport anywhere in the Eastern suburbs so if you do have to go to North Bondi first, it would still be $25 to North Bondi, although you would then have to find your way back to Randwick. Hopefully, the agency will be able to meet you at your flat or leave the key somewhere more convenient.

If you did have to go to North Bondi first then out to Randwick, it costs about $22. Here are some taxi calculators:

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/sydney...rport/Randwick

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

I also checked taxi from airport to North Bondi and it was over $50.

Last edited by susankate; 05-23-2015 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand