Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 02:15 PM

6,840 posts, read 10,878,613 times

Advertisements

I don't know much about this city and while I've been looking a lot of things up, I still think its easier to ask questions about it and learn that way.

- Is Adelaide a diverse city? Does it feel diverse? Where is immigration from?

- Is Adelaide a safe and educated city?

- How is the quality of life in Adelaide?

- What is the food scene like in Adelaide?

- How about nightlife and entertainment?

- Most popular sport or sports in Adelaide? What teams does it have?

- Your favorite thing about living in Adelaide?

- Things about Adelaide that others may not know about?

- How is the population growth in Adelaide? Is it a healthy growing area?

- How is the Adelaide area economy?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 02:49 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,588,381 times
What's the reason? Are you moving there, is it permanent, school age children etc?

Old 06-25-2016, 02:53 PM

6,840 posts, read 10,878,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
What's the reason? Are you moving there, is it permanent, school age children etc?
I'm just curious because I really like Australia and plan on moving to either Sydney or Melbourne in a few years. I've been to both of those cities before and have cousins in Melbourne. So it's something I can either figure out or have a basic understanding of already.

I don't know anything about Adelaide. I definitely plan on seeing it as soon as humanly possible, perhaps in the next 1 year or so. So for now, just gathering information about it and trying to get an understanding of what the city is like. What the vibe and feel of the city is like. Stuff like that.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:43 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,588,381 times
In that case, it's safe, relaxed, multi-ethnic, excellent food and wine. Big country town, only with hella good comestibles.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:29 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,315,686 times
Speaking as someone who's only ever visited, rather than lived there....

Its an easy city to get around and seems to have pretty good public transport. The CBD is also very walkable, and has got some interesting old 19th century buildings to add character. The nearby Adelaide Hills are worth a visit, as is Glenelg and the Barossa Valley.

The only real downsides might be that it can get pretty hot in summer, with northerly winds coming down from desert regions to the north, and while while nearby seaside towns like Victor Harbour are nice, they're not quite what you'd find near some other coastal cities.

Overall a very liveable place.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:17 PM

53 posts, read 51,101 times
It is obviously less diverse than Syd, Mel, Brisbane and Perth.

It does have flights from a few Asian cities and NZ. You can still see students and immigrants from NZ and Asia.

But most tourists skip South Australia when they visit Australia anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post

Thank you in advance.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:02 PM

7,873 posts, read 10,222,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
I don't know much about this city and while I've been looking a lot of things up, I still think its easier to ask questions about it and learn that way.

- Is Adelaide a safe and educated city?

- How is the quality of life in Adelaide?

- What is the food scene like in Adelaide?

- How about nightlife and entertainment?

- Most popular sport or sports in Adelaide? What teams does it have?

- Your favorite thing about living in Adelaide?

- Things about Adelaide that others may not know about?

- How is the population growth in Adelaide? Is it a healthy growing area?

- How is the Adelaide area economy?

Thank you in advance.
ive relatives who have lived there since the late sixties , the kids all moved away as it was so bland and boring , they now live in melbourne and sydney

Old 09-18-2016, 12:18 PM

283 posts, read 196,929 times
I've lived in Adelaide over 40 years. Well, what can I say? The last 7 years I had to work in Queensland and Western Australia and returned to Adelaide when work dried up. My two ground-up children are both interstate because there's no work here.

Adelaide has the highest unemployment rate in the whole of Australia. Housing is cheap, very cheap compared to Sydney and Melbourne but you still need an income. Make sure you have a job lined up before moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand