Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:37 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,303,118 times

Advertisements

I did one for 2015 and it worked out fairly well. Close to the season so I may as well make another thread. What's everyone's tips for premier, minor premier, wooden spoon, on the rise, falling clubs and top 4

Premier- very difficult but I think it may be GWS this year. They've been good for 2 years and look like maybe taking the flag.
Minor Premier- Sydney, a very good team that'll continue on their great form but will be beaten in important games against faster and younger teams.
Wooden Spoon- Brisbane, they're gonna take a WHILE to recover.
On the rise- Fremantle, yes i do live in perth but Fremantle have an excellent forward line and midfield. If there's no injuries then I see no problem why they shouldnt make the 8 or st least top 10.
Biggest fall- North Melbourne/Hawthorn, North Melbourne will fall out of the 8 and maybe to 14th/15th. Hawthorn won't have a huge fall, they'll make the finals but their performance in last year's finals and their overall percentage show cracks in the team. Theres a chance of top 4 potential but for this year Hawthorn should be a good team but nothing compared to previous years.
Top 4- WB, GWS, Geelong, Sydney

Leave your tips or just general comments below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 05:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
I did one for 2015 and it worked out fairly well. Close to the season so I may as well make another thread. What's everyone's tips for premier, minor premier, wooden spoon, on the rise, falling clubs and top 4

Premier- very difficult but I think it may be GWS this year. They've been good for 2 years and look like maybe taking the flag.
Minor Premier- Sydney, a very good team that'll continue on their great form but will be beaten in important games against faster and younger teams.
Wooden Spoon- Brisbane, they're gonna take a WHILE to recover.
On the rise- Fremantle, yes i do live in perth but Fremantle have an excellent forward line and midfield. If there's no injuries then I see no problem why they shouldnt make the 8 or st least top 10.
Biggest fall- North Melbourne/Hawthorn, North Melbourne will fall out of the 8 and maybe to 14th/15th. Hawthorn won't have a huge fall, they'll make the finals but their performance in last year's finals and their overall percentage show cracks in the team. Theres a chance of top 4 potential but for this year Hawthorn should be a good team but nothing compared to previous years.
Top 4- WB, GWS, Geelong, Sydney

Leave your tips or just general comments below.
I've paid little to/no attention to the preseason...however...

Agree, Lions have a few more years to climb out of that mess. GWS, will play in the GF. Whether they can win though.
I'm more interested to see the likes of Melbourne, obviously the saints & bulldogs have good seasons. Over the Geelong/Sydney/Hawthorn thing. Although I don't think Hawks will drop that far. They have the best coach of the last 30 years - made some significant changes to their list. Roughhead's return is also a huge plus for them.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I've paid little to/no attention to the preseason...however...

Agree, Lions have a few more years to climb out of that mess. GWS, will play in the GF. Whether they can win though.
I'm more interested to see the likes of Melbourne, obviously the saints & bulldogs have good seasons. Over the Geelong/Sydney/Hawthorn thing. Although I don't think Hawks will drop that far. They have the best coach of the last 30 years - made some significant changes to their list. Roughhead's return is also a huge plus for them.
Yeah i agree with you. Im saying hawks will drop to 7/8. Hopefully Melbourne and STK can have good seasons, im almost going for the saints this year just cos they deserve a few wins. Maybe not this year but by 2018 the geelong sydney and hawthorn era should be over, and replaced by the young/emerging teams of gws, wb and adelaide

Old 03-21-2017, 01:58 AM

Tips for this round? I'm going with Richmond for game 1.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:03 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Tips for this round? I'm going with Richmond for game 1.
Tigers (although lolz if they lose)
Dogs
Saints
Swans
Hawks
Suns
Eagles
GWS
Freo

Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 AM

Tigers
Dogs
Demons
Swans
Suns
Hawks
Eagles
GWS
Freo

Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 AM

359 posts, read 658,135 times
Dustin Martin 3 votes

Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 AM

Well, you know what I said about Hawthorn being 7th or 8th, might have to change that statement .

Oh how the game has changed, richmond not dissapointing yet, they actually look fairly good...for the moment.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:34 AM

317 posts, read 527,984 times
Lions are a basket case

Old 04-09-2017, 07:31 PM

108 posts, read 130,266 times
Does Ben Cousins still play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand