Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite city in Australia
Sydney 15 28.85%
Melbourne 18 34.62%
Perth 6 11.54%
Adelaide 3 5.77%
Brisbane 5 9.62%
Canberra, A.C.T. 2 3.85%
Other (specify) 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 PM

5,908 posts, read 5,817,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Exactly what I plan to do in a couple of years time. Actually I'm in an even quieter place now for a job, but not sure how it's gonna last. Needless to say, I'm going to get out of WA as fast as possible.
Wonder if Melbourne or Sydney would be more to your liking? Perth,it would appear has the largest number of complaints from folk...and Melbourne the least.
Things are not going well on the economic front in Europe at present,but i hope some good will come out of it and people wake up to the causes.
So won't be too far behind you....all giong well of course. Hope you make it out soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,788,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Wonder if Melbourne or Sydney would be more to your liking? Perth,it would appear has the largest number of complaints from folk...and Melbourne the least.
Things are not going well on the economic front in Europe at present,but i hope some good will come out of it and people wake up to the causes.
So won't be too far behind you....all giong well of course. Hope you make it out soon.
Yeah I never tire of Melbourne. Been there 5 times already and I feel much more at home there than in Perth. Be good to spend a year or two there before defecting to the 'Mother Country' (maybe more culturally for me, if not genetically) for I don't know how long.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM

5,908 posts, read 5,817,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I never tire of Melbourne. Been there 5 times already and I feel much more at home there than in Perth. Be good to spend a year or two there before defecting to the 'Mother Country' (maybe more culturally for me, if not genetically) for I don't know how long.
Know of so many folk that have relocated from Perth to Melbourne and as far as i am aware all appear to like it.
Strangely perhaps can only think of one person that moved to Sydney and lost contact with him no idea how he feared.
Still quite like the few weeks i stayed in the New Town area of Sydney,a few years back.Had the feeling that i could have lived there easily enough.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,788,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Know of so many folk that have relocated from Perth to Melbourne and as far as i am aware all appear to like it.
Strangely perhaps can only think of one person that moved to Sydney and lost contact with him no idea how he feared.
Still quite like the few weeks i stayed in the New Town area of Sydney,a few years back.Had the feeling that i could have lived there easily enough.
Yeah when it comes down to it Sydney boasts alot of things nowhere else in Australia can: 18th century architecture (the Rocks is unique in Australia), the spectacular scenery of the harbour and all the various peninsulas, islands etc that stick out into it and all those coves (some of the beaches on Sydney harbour are surprisiingly beautiful). The city itself has a one in a million location and the numerous neighbourhoods have unique characters of their own.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:14 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,003,149 times
Sydney all the way for me. Weather is a big factor for me.
And Sydney is much more urban than Melbourne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand