U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,057 times

Advertisements

I want to relocate my precision engineering company to Australia would it be possible and which city would you recommend and Why? From south africa we export components! Would be looking to establish local customers as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,268 times
Sydney would be best, first Sydney is the hub of all type of industry as well as startup and second one is, it is located in center of Ortensia.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:48 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,955,826 times
Sydney for its population base but do take into account the costs involved with relocating to Sydney. Certainly not to be sneezed at.

Where is your major international market? Is it within Africa? Then consider Perth, cheaper (but hardly cheap) suffering somewhat with a mining downturn, but home to loads of South Africans, with the Asian market close at hand (if that is useful) and Durban just an enduring swim across the Indian Ocean.

Another option could be Brisbane? Also home to many South Africans, or could even a rural location suite? South West of West Australia perhaps? How many people would you employ? Perhaps a local council if presented a business plan could act favourably in helping with set up?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan1 View Post
I want to relocate my precision engineering company to Australia would it be possible and which city would you recommend and Why? From south africa we export components! Would be looking to establish local customers as well!
What are you manufacturing? The cost structure in Australia is going to be orders of magnitude higher than in South Africa. Before you start deciding on where to live I'd work out if manufacturing is viable and how big the domestic market is.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:14 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,955,826 times
I agree with above post. Costs will certainly be far greater than RSA. I assumed you had already factored that in, but should not be under estimated.
I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that your prime market would not be relying on local market, but the international principally.

With so much business already moved offshore to cut costs, would Australia indeed be the ideal location to start up?

Old 08-03-2018, 02:06 AM

3 posts, read 1,319 times
Be careful, because as I know, they are really like to take Truth Investigators to check your past in order to define your financial and business responsibility. If you did something bad before or your previous business bankrupt, you may get some troubles.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:02 AM

Thank you everybody for very informative replies! We manufacture highly precision parts for aircraft optical equipment and defence!

Old 08-30-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Sydney for its population base but do take into account the costs involved with relocating to Sydney. Certainly not to be sneezed at.

Where is your major international market? Is it within Africa? Then consider Perth, cheaper (but hardly cheap) suffering somewhat with a mining downturn, but home to loads of South Africans, with the Asian market close at hand (if that is useful) and Durban just an enduring swim across the Indian Ocean.

Another option could be Brisbane? Also home to many South Africans, or could even a rural location suite? South West of West Australia perhaps? How many people would you employ? Perhaps a local council if presented a business plan could act favourably in helping with set up?
thanks for the information. International market is uae would be looking at the local market as well! Please advice the meaning off rural location suite? Local council how do i go about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or