Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2018, 10:14 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,954,330 times

Advertisements

Never heard Bondi Beach being held up as a icon of much worth, even among parochial Sydneysiders. Most of who would seldom visit. Far better beaches around, perhaps an icon still for British back packers and their drunken Christmas Day shenanigans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 10:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciTydude123 View Post
^^ and also this

IMO, We need trillions upon trillions of these birds all over the world. Seriously!
Specially in the third world countries and everywhere else.

This is the best way to process and dispose gazillions of tons of trash we humans produce. This bird is a gift of God. And you guys call in Bin Chicken? It should be called, God Gifted trash processor.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:28 PM

468 posts, read 616,116 times
Never thought about the bin chicken in such a way. Many Sydneysiders regard them as a pest.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:34 PM

468 posts, read 616,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_arkitect View Post
I have never been but Sydney sounds like a sprawling mess arranged around a natural bay that would be much prettier had the city never been built.. I don't understand how Sydney or any other Australian city makes the cut for most "livable" in the world.

It's embarrassing. :S
It's embarrassing that you would make hyperbolic comments on a place that you've never visited to. You lack basic common sense.

Melbourne has one of the most efficient public transport systems in the world: trams.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:38 PM

35 posts, read 23,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
for example I find European cities amazing for visiting more than Australian or American cities, but I would rather LIVE in an Australian or an American city.
What is it that amazes you about European cities when you visit?

I tend to agree with you though, in that I'd rather live in an Australian city than a European one. I find the layouts of American/Aussie cities admirable, because of course they were "planned" and a lot of thought has gone into that planning. Melbourne, Adelaide, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia for example are stunning examples of grid layouts that created wide sprawling avenues in the city around illustrious green parks/gardens.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyeve View Post
It's embarrassing that you would make hyperbolic comments on a place that you've never visited to. You lack basic common sense.

Melbourne has one of the most efficient public transport systems in the world: trams.
It does within Australia, but the world, actually no. Melbourne's system is not extensive enough to compete with a host of world cities for starters.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:30 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
It does within Australia, but the world, actually no. Melbourne's system is not extensive enough to compete with a host of world cities for starters.
So bigger = more efficient? Is this another one of those times where invent a new definition for a word? I love those

Old 03-30-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
So bigger = more efficient? Is this another one of those times where invent a new definition for a word? I love those
if you ever get a passport issued and are allowed out the country, you will if staying observant, not totally consumed by your own irrelevance and flawed attempts of one-upmanship and baffled intellect, the fact that so many cities maintain a far more efficient as well as extensive transport network than Melbourne.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:05 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
the fact that so many cities maintain a far more efficient as well as extensive transport network than Melbourne.
That is undoubtedly true. But what has it got to do with you said?

Poster claimed Melb had a very efficient transport system, troubes say no no no, Melb isn't big enough to compete with others. An illogical response ;-)

Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
That is undoubtedly true. But what has it got to do with you said?

Poster claimed Melb had a very efficient transport system, troubes say no no no, Melb isn't big enough to compete with others. An illogical response ;-)
Read what was said, poster said in world. One of most efficient. I disagree it is one of most efficient as it does not cover enough ground to make it so. Are you of the ability to comprehend that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand