U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:36 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,342,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Lol the series this summer will bring immigration talks back into play, and I mean this seriously. Do you think it's ok that the vast majority of the crowd will be Indian in Australia? It doesn't seem right to me. Call me a racist but the home crowd should obviously be the majority. What marisamay said about them purposefully organising themselves to buy the tickets straight away to outpace anglos is worrying too, do they do that legally?
Do us all a favor and google “Barmy Army”.
They make the Indians look like child’s play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 12:09 AM

3,383 posts, read 5,252,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
The barmy army are very well known in Australia, they are possibly better known than some members of the actual australian team.

Though i doubt they ever formed the majority of the crowd.:

Old 12-03-2018, 12:21 AM

2,181 posts, read 3,022,158 times
Quote:
' Curry Army 'more numerous. 'Barmy Army' , were only a shade of their old selves last test in Perth. Rather sad. Looks like high prices, low GBP, less organisation has all contributed to paying a toll.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:31 AM

Sport in general over done in Australia. One of the few subjects men can interact to a certain level on, without fear of causing ire. Once that subject exhausted, observe too often, the long silences.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:08 AM

467 posts, read 158,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Sport in general over done in Australia. One of the few subjects men can interact to a certain level on, without fear of causing ire. Once that subject exhausted, observe too often, the long silences.
Until the subject of real estate prices surfaces!

Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM

6,799 posts, read 3,174,398 times
Quote:
In voice yes, not in numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Get over yourself you psuedo intellectual

Old 12-03-2018, 04:52 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,342,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
The barmy army are very well known in Australia, they are possibly better known than some members of the actual australian team.

Though i doubt they ever formed the majority of the crowd.:
really? I guess it's a function of how well the English team is doing. A buddy of mine went to several Ashes tests held in Australia back in either 2011/2010 cant quite remember. He said that some of the games felt like you were in England. Of course, England dominated the series pretty much from start to finish so that might have caused fewer Aussies to bother attending the games.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
In voice yes, not in numbers.

Get over yourself you psuedo intellectual
No the full deal pal. But could very easily 'get over it' to enable some kind of comprehension of a more basic level to help you out.

Hardly matter the numbers is so out classed in verbals. Good to see England and others bring a bit of passion to the games.
ie. Less dull.

Last edited by the troubadour; 12-04-2018 at 01:42 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
really? I guess it's a function of how well the English team is doing. A buddy of mine went to several Ashes tests held in Australia back in either 2011/2010 cant quite remember. He said that some of the games felt like you were in England. Of course, England dominated the series pretty much from start to finish so that might have caused fewer Aussies to bother attending the games.
English more boisterous in/out of games. Aussies somehow more reserved in singing (basically don't sing) chanting but some still get 'the hump' with certain English antics. AS mentioned last Ashes found very reserved from England contingent, compared to years past.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:51 PM

3,685 posts, read 1,346,496 times
South Asians, specially Indians, are growing very fast in all first world countries.

Here in a small city of Midwestern United States that many would consider, “in the middle of nowhere”, we have about 35 cricket teams - 99% Indians.

This may surprise you but I think more cricket is played in USA than in home of cricket, England.

An Australian cricket brand called “Focus Cricket” just launched a dealership in Chicago and Houston - such is the demand of cricket gear in USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand