Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 06:20 PM

6,044 posts, read 5,952,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
I've never been a fan of The Gap. Much better clothing shops out there.
I'll send you the T shirt, next time in London. I'm sure you'll wear that with pride. Nothing at all wrong with you gearing up in 'op shops' (perhaps that's not an OZ term, come to think of it) so charity shops.
One can, I believe, miss and match and formulate quite an individual identity, not so readily achievable off the rack high street shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 11:47 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,500,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

But housing costs remain the killer. How did this forty year mortgage become norm? A big jump from the fifteen year mortgage of not too long ago.
I actually had no idea 40 year mortgages even existed. It looks like they are issued by a couple of small lenders in Australia. Google's first page directed me almost entirely to various uk based websites.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:30 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
[quote=the troubadour;54732587]How did this forty year mortgage become norm? /QUOTE]

It's not. In fact it is incredibly rare.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I'll send you the T shirt, next time in London. I'm sure you'll wear that with pride. Nothing at all wrong with you gearing up in 'op shops' (perhaps that's not an OZ term, come to think of it) so charity shops.
One can, I believe, miss and match and formulate quite an individual identity, not so readily achievable off the rack high street shops.
Gee troubadour, this continued faux superiority schtick reveals a lot about your values. Disdain for suburban dwellers, people who shop at second hand stores, using the term housewife and calling men female names as a pejorative.

It doesn't really reconcile with the "progressive" persona you are trying to cultivate here. Your posts will need to come with a trigger warning for all these intersectional micro-aggressions.

Yes I know, you preface your insults with things like "nothing at all wrong with...." in a weak attempt to disguise your true thoughts. But adults can see through such devices.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Gee troubadour, this continued faux superiority schtick reveals a lot about your values. Disdain for suburban dwellers, people who shop at second hand stores, using the term housewife and calling men female names as a pejorative.

It doesn't really reconcile with the "progressive" persona you are trying to cultivate here. Your posts will need to come with a trigger warning for all these intersectional micro-aggressions.

Yes I know, you preface your insults with things like "nothing at all wrong with...." in a weak attempt to disguise your true thoughts. But adults can see through such devices.
Couldn't edit, but I just caught up with another of your posts, so we can now throw disparagement of the elderly to the list too.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Golly gosh Aussiehoff, are you telling me your a bloke? Well I never. First time you clarified gender, so now that we are all in know, we can bang on. I can certainly see where your sense of my superiority would derive from reading your posts. Reactive in most every case rather than reflective and actually having something to say, I realise safer that way, as well as obviously not wanting to reveal too much of the ideological beliefs you hold, but it has clearly been disclosed but don't be shy, I'll debate you down to the wire, but I'll go gently, as you are obviously of a sensitive persuasion (probably why I didn't pick the gender, straight of) as to not offend, just please attempt to put something down worth debating. If that's too hard, fine just continue to peddle out what you do if that's what you term fulfilling. In turn, I'll amuse myself

Just as I will comment on whatever I see fit. Be that mortgage salesmen, doing dodgy loans (oh, not one are you?) tell me I'm getting hot,or the price of living in outer suburbia, (in your race to score a brownie point, you missed the onus 'outer') Lets have some adults that can relate in an adult way. If you happen across one , not laden in libertarian or other far right dogma, point them in the right direction to enable a discussion of sorts to actually be undertaken.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Couldn't edit, but I just caught up with another of your posts, so we can now throw disparagement of the elderly to the list too.
Best not attempt to undertake exercises that you are incapable of fulfilling. Yes my disdain for the aged, goes as far as calling for a long overdue Royal Commission into the entire abusive aged care system in Australia.
The abuse has gone on for decades. You have any take on such matters, critically important to the well being of society, One of many things, I might add requiring urgent attention in this country.

Back to the sandpit to play but really naughty children shouldn't spread lies. They tend to fall over on a banana skin, inflicting pain, bawling their eyes out for weeks.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:08 AM

Anyway back to election. ALP certainly deserves a look in. 15 years jail for dodgy banksters, together with shonky corporates of fines up to $525 million if elected.

Not that I believe it would go through in its entity, if much at all will change, but the thought of it is somewhat cheer inducing.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I actually had no idea 40 year mortgages even existed. It looks like they are issued by a couple of small lenders in Australia. Google's first page directed me almost entirely to various uk based websites.
40 year loans have been around for quite some time. Not exactly big yet, but can be used to get First Home Buyers in, some investors, but hardly something to recommend, obviously.
The cost would add many a very substantial addition in cost than more traditional 25 to 30 year loans , of course, especially when interest rates rise.

One can se the 40 year loan increasing in frequency if house prices were to continue to rise. I am unable to establish the per cent of mortgagees with loans of this duration at the present time.

Far better for increasing numbers to allow prices to fall, preferably in a controlled way, but the real estate lobby is pushing hard for a rate cut and keeping NG.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
One can se the 40 year loan increasing in frequency if house prices were to continue to rise. I am unable to establish the per cent of mortgagees with loans of this duration at the present time.
So you acknowledge they aren't normal as you first claimed for some reason. The reason you can't establish the % of mortgages at that level is because it is so small it isn't even measured or reported on.

With regard to interest rates. Next move will be a cut. And probably one further after that. If you think the the RBA takes guidance from the realestate industry, you are misguided on that too.

Last edited by Aussiehoff; 03-21-2019 at 05:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand