U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

17 posts, read 6,029 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am hoping to get some local knowledge to help in my relocation to Sydney. I have taken a position at Parklea and am looking at either the lower Blue Mountains (Lapstone/Glenbrook/Blaxland area), Kurrajong area or around Dural way. I have two dogs so am not interested in living in Sydney proper, and am also not interested in the offerings around Parklea. I am trying to keep my commute to under 45 minutes, which is why I don't think I can look any further up the mountain. I have no idea about what the traffic is like into Sydney from these areas so am hoping someone on here might be able to help, or offer a suggestion about a location I may not have thought of!

Cheers and thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM

2,434 posts, read 3,087,791 times
Kurrajong to Parklea is going to be closer to an hour in peak traffic. Blaxland would be more like 35-40 minutes. Dural would be the shortest trip I reckon 25 minutes or so. The traffic into Sydney would depend on the time of day, I would rather shoot myself than attempt driving in peak hour into Sydney from any of those spots, I reckon on a good day you'd be looking at an hour and a half or so, obviously less at non-busy times.

Old Today, 01:18 AM

BCC_1 thanks so much for your thoughts. Wow....I may be doing some rethinking particularly around the Kurrajong angle. Up to an hour I can manage but more than that starts to get very tiresome. Mind you the more I look the more I realise that getting anywhere in Sydney is not easy!!

Old Today, 01:22 AM

BCC_1 can I please clarify when you said the below, are you referring to CBD or Parklea when you refer to Sydney??

"The traffic into Sydney would depend on the time of day, I would rather shoot myself than attempt driving in peak hour into Sydney from any of those spots, I reckon on a good day you'd be looking at an hour and a half or so, obviously less at non-busy times".

Thanks!

Old Today, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmh1974 View Post
BCC_1 can I please clarify when you said the below, are you referring to CBD or Parklea when you refer to Sydney??

"The traffic into Sydney would depend on the time of day, I would rather shoot myself than attempt driving in peak hour into Sydney from any of those spots, I reckon on a good day you'd be looking at an hour and a half or so, obviously less at non-busy times".

Thanks!
Yeah on that part I was referring to you driving "into Sydney". I may have been mistaken, but no one in Sydney would refer to driving to Parklea as driving into Sydney.

Sydney's big, with bad traffic. There's a reason everyone wants to live close to the CBD.

Old Today, 03:08 PM

Great, thanks for the clarification. I probably didn't write that very clearly. I won't have much occasion to drive into the CBD so it was meant to read "from those areas into Parklea".

The work commute is my primary concern - I can work around the other stuff.

Old Today, 07:15 PM

FWIW, I don't live out in that part of Sydney, but plugging the various locations into Google Maps with a depart time around peak hour does give the same sort of times I mentioned. Might be handy way for you to check various localities if you're concerned about the driving time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand