U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:53 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,816,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons Meg View Post
Mass slaughter by white nationalists
Tragic
Appears to be a far right wing, white supremacist Australian citizen.
Terrible news, my sympathies to all those affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 AM

129 posts, read 27,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons Meg View Post
Mass slaughter by white nationalists
Tragic
The shooter wasn't a Kiwi. He chose NZ and Christchurch specifically to show nowhere is safe. All he's proven is his ignorance.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:29 AM

1,027 posts, read 629,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Appears to be a far right wing, white supremacist Australian citizen.
Terrible news, my sympathies to all those affected.
Weren't four people arrested, with one charged with murder "so far" (NZ Police)?

Old 03-15-2019, 02:41 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,212,004 times
I think one is now being thought that perhaps they have nothing to do with the event. If anything at all is to come out of this sorry affair, is that the need to keep right wingers under even more observation, is paramount.

Obviously, there is little more they would hope to achieve than for than elements of radical Islam to respond in kind.

What should be the result, of course, is to deny all forces of hatred a voice and come out in our thousands, preferably hundreds of thousands (of all faiths and people of goodwill without a faith, as such) outside of mosques be it in New Zealand or Australia, but I'd say why not around the world and display solidarity with those of the Islamic faith and reaffirm that they have a place within society as does others going about their lawful business.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I think one is now being thought that perhaps they have nothing to do with the event. If anything at all is to come out of this sorry affair, is that the need to keep right wingers under even more observation, is paramount.
The language used by NZ Police strongly suggests that the one charge of murder is just the first charge to be laid.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:55 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,212,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakery Hill View Post
The language used by NZ Police strongly suggests that the one charge of murder is just the first charge to be laid.
I'm sure the killer's entire life will come under the closest of scrutiny in both Australia and NZ. Although, am I right in saying, he hadn't spent a lot of time in NZ? Not fully sure about that.

I guess only what they want us to know will be revealed but early reports, I've seen on TV, due suggest some deep seated issues, to say the least.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Obviously, there is little more they would hope to achieve than for than elements of radical Islam to respond in kind.

What should be the result, of course, is to deny all forces of hatred a voice and come out in our thousands, preferably hundreds of thousands (of all faiths and people of goodwill without a faith, as such) outside of mosques be it in New Zealand or Australia, but I'd say why not around the world and display solidarity with those of the Islamic faith and reaffirm that they have a place within society as does others going about their lawful business.
^^This!

I totally agree Troubadour. I am so angry that this man has been posting rubbish on social media for such a long time and no one thought to keep an eye on him. He's so blatant in his hatred.

Today, I felt ashamed to be white. I've worked so hard to raise my kids with an open and critical mind, to challenge everything, even me. I encourage my kids to argue with me because I want to teach them to think, really think hard and intelligently. I even tested my daughter with that doll test where you show them a picture of similar dolls where the only difference is the colour of their skin and I asked her to show me which doll was the smartest/best/kindest and she looked at me weirdly and said, "how am I 'sposed to tell that from looking at them".

And now I have to explain to her why a white man killed 40 people because they were different.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
I'm sure the killer's entire life will come under the closest of scrutiny in both Australia and NZ. Although, am I right in saying, he hadn't spent a lot of time in NZ? Not fully sure about that.

I guess only what they want us to know will be revealed but early reports, I've seen on TV, due suggest some deep seated issues, to say the least.
I heard there are ten people in the ring, five of whom were responsible for today's tragedy. One may already be dead as a body was found at a school where two suspects were seen going into but only one was arrested. I also heard they found multiple bombs in parked cars by the hospital. I think the plan was for a much bigger disaster than what we experienced. I'm so grateful the police managed to thwart their plans and I hope this is the end of it. I'm not convinced it is though.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:07 AM

3,547 posts, read 3,435,720 times
Very Very sad day.

So is it only one Australian Terrorist or he had any accomplices involved in shooting ??
They are saying that he was also livestreaming.

Even if he was Australian citizen, he seems to be living in New Zealand.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Very Very sad day.

So is it only one Australian Terrorist or he had any accomplices involved in shooting ??
They are saying that he was also livestreaming.

Even if he was Australian citizen, he seems to be living in New Zealand.
Four arrested so far, three males and one female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or