U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 10:36 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,212,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
One confusing part is "missing". Either someone is dead or In hospital. How can a person be missing ?
Perhaps not in the place supposed to be and too shocked to communicate otherwise? Perhaps not yet identified in a hospital setting, due to injuries or communication difficulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 10:57 PM

500 posts, read 124,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I haven't got an agenda -just going by what the Koran says. Those who revere it, endorse it

Anyone who thinks I should suffer endless torture for not believing as they do, is not someone I want to be friends with.

Hate comes from belief, not disbelief.
Dude, chill.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue.red View Post
The other two were still in custody last I heard but they would have to have been charged by now I think. An 18 year old lad was charged with distributing hate speech and I'm wondering if he was one of the two.

There is something amiss here in Christchurch. I get the feeling that the media is being 'trimmed'. There are things that don't make sense, inconsistencies etc. I've seen four photos of different gunmen being arrested and most of those photos are no longer online. A friend works very close to where they said the gunman had parked his car and has a photo of packaging for a semi-automatic rifle laying on the ground yet footage of the shooter show his guns were covered in white writing. I can't imagine he'd sit in the centre of town in the middle of the day all decked out in his combatant gear and decorate a weapon. We have helicopters scanning the city. I hear and see them at night flying low and slow in a circuit every three hours over the city yet no information available as to why. They found a body at a school near where the perp was arrested yet not a word as to who it was. They caught the guy by 2:40 yet schools remained in lock-down until 5:30...why?

I think a lot of details will never be made public.
I believe you are right. The days when the public were informed are long past. Now it is only what 'they' need to know.
It goes right through government and major institutions. One thing I have noticed of more recent years, at all levels, is people lying point blank to your face.
Another reason why it is so important to have 'evidence'. Meaning e mails or recordings essential in most all dealings.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I haven't got an agenda -just going by what the Koran says. Those who revere it, endorse it

Anyone who thinks I should suffer endless torture for not believing as they do, is not someone I want to be friends with.

Hate comes from belief, not disbelief.

Hate stems from ignorance first and foremost. Best not start quotes from a source you are obviously ignorant in. Your agenda has long been nailed to the mast. Your take on things as predictable as your politics. (and your Koran quotes)

Old 03-16-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't call it ignorance, I'd call it hate -I have no sympathy for Muslims, and won't be "reaching out" to the Muslim community.

I see it as a human tragedy.
Odd post, to say the least. But yes, it is certainly ignorance. Do you see Muslims as humans then? There were after all the victims of this outrage.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
white supremacist jihad
Correction. white supremacist nut job.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:23 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,816,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
But what do those worshippers in New Zealand have anything to do with terrorist attacks in Europe?
Apparently the shooter had been to Europe, and was incensed by what has happened over there.
So in some ways the shooter has presented this as some sort of revenge attack, even though it is obvious the perpetrator is just another far right wing extremist, who lists Anders Breivik (who committed the Norway terrorist attacks and shootings), as one of his heroes..

Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Apparently the shooter had been to Europe, and was incensed by what has happened over there.
So in some ways the shooter has presented this as some sort of revenge attack, even though it is obvious the perpetrator is just another far right wing extremist, who lists Anders Breivik (who committed the Norway terrorist attacks and shootings), as one of his heroes..
Apparently, I read yesterday, he was even in Pakistan. Spoke about how well he was treated and gave other positive remarks.

If this was true, just adds to the sorry state of affairs that drove him to white radical fanaticism and self destructive urges to go out as a martyr to such a cause.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:48 AM

16,793 posts, read 13,330,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Hate stems from ignorance first and foremost. Best not start quotes from a source you are obviously ignorant in. Your agenda has long been nailed to the mast. Your take on things as predictable as your politics. (and your Koran quotes)
My only agenda is to not forget what these religions preach -hatred and eternal torture, simply for not accepting their god. Those who promote such beliefs, do indeed have hate that stem from ignorance.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:53 AM

16,793 posts, read 13,330,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
Dude, chill.
Do you tell that to the religious, who would say that eternal torture for non belief is justified?

Probably not-you're likely conditioned to accept religious hate, as special
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or