Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 10:37 PM

6,038 posts, read 5,950,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
I know that Australia is a lot more than Sydney but I happen to live in one of the most Anglo areas of Sydney. Yet most of our friends have kids who have married Asians; our neighbours are Indian/French, the last wedding we have attended was Italian/Cambodian. Just examples.
As I hinted nothing seemed to come up with the link. As for Google, have heard of it obviously. But do try and keep it to a minimum. All sorts of conflicted together with outrageous claims, masquerading as something else too often found there.

Is the grounds for your argument that Australia is a multi cultural country, due to friends kids and neighbours marrying outside of race?
Full of approval. Breaking down barriers never a bad thing. But to claim a nation is multi cultural on these grounds alone is a long bow. A long bow indeed, at least IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
Yes I’m talking about the Australian girls who have blue eyes or green eyes that have white skin but can tan pretty easily get to like a bronze or brown color. I have seen most of those women with white guys and not black men. I am judging by girls I see on Instagram that are Aussie girls with their boyfriends. But again when I’m on tinder when I am swiping across the world because my app allows me to do that I swipe in Australia and the girls aren’t liking me or anything so that’s why I’m thinking the truth of them not liking black men are true. I rather not post my picture on here to tell what I look like but are Aussie women very judge mental when it comes to a guys looks or do they care more about personality. I am thinking when I come to Australia to visit I’ll get the same treatment from Australian girls I mean the ones who look more European type but they tan really well just like the girls who aren’t liking me on tinder? I feel like it’s the same thing I’ll be ignored the same way but are those two things very different? Not getting liked on a online dating site and not getting liked by the girls in real life in Australia.

Would this type of Australian girl date a black man? This girl has a white boyfriend.
https://m.photos.timesofindia.com/fa...w/63986814.cms

The other is right here.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137872629@N06/43003562555
Dude, online so termed dating is somewhat farcical at the best of times. Nobody can truthfully answer what you appear to be asking.
As for being ignored, well you will have a degree of novelty value. Regardless of what some claim to be a multi cultural country, Afro type people are hardly common. Shallowness, is pretty much the rule of the day. Many an Aussie of Anglo complexion finds it near impossible 'to date' an Aussie woman of similar back ground. I won't go into all the reasons for this, but believe me I have crossed paths with many, who believe this both in and outside the country.

I don't think I have lived in a country, where such disdain between the genders appear to be so prominent. It's a reason among others, while such a high rate of men seeking Asian wives.

If your looking for trophies while conducting a 'hunting trip' there are many scores of countries, more likely to offer fertile ground.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I am most cerainly NOT a hipster, we have that in common.
If it's simply a lack of facial hair growth ability, don't allow that in some way deter you from joining the ranks of the self delusional.

Hipsters, are of course besides being a consumerist plot, placed amongst us by alien enemy agents and avocado growers , in order to shut down debate and conform and most importantly to spend non existent money, they are in place to subvert any real subversive movement forming that would certainly challenge the ruling status quo.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Spray tan, that is what I was about to write too. Our OP probably does not know that we have nearly the highest rate of skin cancer in the world and that anyone with a bit of sense avoids too much deliberate tanning and that spray tans are very popular. Those who ignore the risk end up looking ten years older than they really are by the age of about fifty. Those two examples look like women with a spray tan to me. Also possibly some photo enhancing.

Partly due to high Celtic skin types. I agree though sun tanning has declined in Australia. It is odd to find, more pale skinned women than in Paris or other parts of Europe.

Some women may look older, while others look great with a tan , giving that outdoors look, rather than a prison pallor look, where one may assume they have been locked away for some years, begging the question, just what horrific crime did they commit?

Of course the sun is also a tonic. Sun deprived Australians, have witnessed the growth of rickets and all sorts of ailments , as sun exposure helps maintain bone structure in age, good for blood pressure and fatigue and a host of other things.

Obviously in an age of office confinement, people are being somewhat conditioned to be 'thankful to be under cover in safety out of the sun.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:36 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,306,628 times
There have been some significant meetings between dermatologists and others dealing with problems caused by lack of sun exposure to try to work out a sensible recommendation of sun exposure. Meanwhile, the dermatologists rake in the money doing endless procedures, needed or not, to lower the risk of serious skin cancer.

But, yes, I remember when I was last in Townsville noticing how pale the local girls were. But it has to be an improvement on my young days when everyone sunbaked while covered in coconut oil. When I felt totally left out and horrible as I have the Celtic skin that never tans, no matter what.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
There have been some significant meetings between dermatologists and others dealing with problems caused by lack of sun exposure to try to work out a sensible recommendation of sun exposure. Meanwhile, the dermatologists rake in the money doing endless procedures, needed or not, to lower the risk of serious skin cancer.

But, yes, I remember when I was last in Townsville noticing how pale the local girls were. But it has to be an improvement on my young days when everyone sunbaked while covered in coconut oil. When I felt totally left out and horrible as I have the Celtic skin that never tans, no matter what.

I do feel sympathy for those of such disposition. My feelings are a tan adds protection from sun burn, which is definitely a danger if predisposed.

Yes, I remember coconut oil being used on various beaches in Europe, to assist in the tanning process. Never had call to use it myself, but people in my acquaintance were still using it several years back in the South of France beaches and glowed with golden skin tone together with the best of health.

I note the English in Europe, 'suffering 'with the process of going a bright red, but claiming after initial pain would and largely did bronze up after a two week or whatever process. I would think such 'sun worship' to be detrimental in the case of over exposure , as anything too much of a 'good' thing can produce adverse results.
But the total Australian aversion to sun , in place of what you write was the 'norm' during your childhood, is simply amazing in its extremism.

Fear creating is something rather over used I find in an Australian context, with too little questioning or critique in place. IMO of course.
This fear contains people to a degree and of course delights business interests that will profit, from so induced fear, which obviously extends way, way beyond sun health concern.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:09 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
As I hinted nothing seemed to come up with the link. As for Google, have heard of it obviously. But do try and keep it to a minimum. All sorts of conflicted together with outrageous claims, masquerading as something else too often found there.

Is the grounds for your argument that Australia is a multi cultural country, due to friends kids and neighbours marrying outside of race?
Full of approval. Breaking down barriers never a bad thing. But to claim a nation is multi cultural on these grounds alone is a long bow. A long bow indeed, at least IMO.
How do you define multi-cultural?

Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
How do you define multi-cultural?

I'll await the poster that claimed Australia is a multi cultural country to explain reasoning. You can free fel to offer your views meanwhile on the matter, of course.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:15 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I'll await the poster that claimed Australia is a multi cultural country to explain reasoning. You can free fel to offer your views meanwhile on the matter, of course.
Thank you for your permission.

I'm interested to hear why we aren't a multicultural country so here you go, I will tee it up for you: Yes we are a multicultural country due to the enormous number of cultures and races that live here.

Is that the opening you need to give us the benefit of your contrarian wisdom?

Old 03-24-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Thank you for your permission.

I'm interested to hear why we aren't a multicultural country so here you go, I will tee it up for you: Yes we are a multicultural country due to the enormous number of cultures and races that live here.

Is that the opening you need to give us the benefit of your contrarian wisdom?
No while we are a settler nation, we not a multi cultural nation. Regardless of what they say on the Weetie box packet cover. We are a nation that has a few different races living within it. Numerous in clusters , which can exert influence in elections, within those areas. But the culture remains the majority host one that being Anglo/Celtic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand