Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 12:37 AM

2,889 posts, read 1,263,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceuponatimeinGina View Post
Based on the Australians I know, I fully expect them to comply with the Government and their employers. I am confident Australians will offer close to zero resistance to any lockdowns and the Government is pretty much free to do as they please so long as they print money and deposit this into the accounts of their well behaved citizens.
Didn't the US go to a war with an Asian country in the 60's and 70's and introduced a draft FORCING young men to fight and die there? Hasn't Biden just announced a Covid mandate for US citizens? The only reason people are accepting of restrictions here is because they are going to end soon in a matter of weeks when enough are vaccinated. Look at Europe, they committed to the same strategy and for the most part getting on with life as normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 03:46 AM

53 posts, read 39,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
Didn't the US go to a war with an Asian country in the 60's and 70's and introduced a draft FORCING young men to fight and die there? Hasn't Biden just announced a Covid mandate for US citizens? The only reason people are accepting of restrictions here is because they are going to end soon in a matter of weeks when enough are vaccinated. Look at Europe, they committed to the same strategy and for the most part getting on with life as normal
You don't need to get defensive online, pal. I have no idea where your rant is going and why you harped on about America? Seems like I hit a nerve with you. I would suggest you focus on steering your life in the real world and growing a backbone. Oh wait it is clear that Australians probably adhere to their rulers better than those in Asia? Australia has relegated itself to a non-democratic nation. Don't lash out on others!

Old 09-11-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
You don't need to get defensive online, pal. I have no idea where your rant is going and why you harped on about America? Seems like I hit a nerve with you. I would suggest you focus on steering your life in the real world and growing a backbone. Oh wait it is clear that Australians probably adhere to their rulers better than those in Asia? Australia has relegated itself to a non-democratic nation. Don't lash out on others!
I'm not Australian, I'm Irish. Also I'm not getting defensive, just pointing out that the US over the years and even today has forced it's citizens in extreme times to adhere to extreme policies such as going to their deaths for their country. Australians are literally just being told to adhere to restrictions for mere weeks until enough are vaccinated which is by no means as extreme. Now I don't agree with everything that has happened, especially how the Premier's have politicized things and how people are being forced to take the vaccine or potentially lose their jobs but the reality is Australia is doing pretty good and In a matter of months will be open to the world.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
The derangement and paranoia of Americans and willingness to buy into absolute horse s**t never fails to amaze. It's something in the American national psyche that no other developed country has.
Give them time, give them time. ALL other countries are subject to the effects of American inbred paranoia. It generally permeates the societies of EVERY country eventually based upon the freedoms of communication those other countries have within their constitutions or mandates of governance.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Whoa nelly! That response coming from an American in yet another thread quite probably (I'd bet the farm) started by an American for the sole purpose of bashing another country; usually a proven friend and ally.

Strange this comes from the country adjudged by all independent orgs. using readily available and relevant metrics of measurement as being LESS free than all other first world developed commonwealth nations.

Stones and glass houses - a poor mix.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:10 AM

4,879 posts, read 2,973,645 times
Will Australia rebel against it's governments Covid restriction?

I love Australia, but the premise of this question goes back to its' founding; as a prison colony.
They're a bit more used to government control than here in the U.S.; where we don't trust politicians for good reason...hence the paranoia comments posted.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:26 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,345,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

I love Australia, but the premise of this question goes back to its' founding; as a prison colony.
They're a bit more used to government control than here in the U.S.; where we don't trust politicians for good reason...hence the paranoia comments posted.
And also a significant number of colonial Americans established what was to become America because they sought to escape oppressive and restrictive government (monarchy) control, mostly for religious freedom.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

Again that is incredibly narrow minded when you factor is how many Americans have been FORCED by their government to die for their country in a nation few of them could point on a map. Australians in the past have been more trusting of their governments because of how prosperous they were, you certainly wouldn't have seen the drastic differences between classes as you do in the US or UK. Australia was known for that reason as the lucky country as it was alot of more fair than the US which from it's conception was all about getting to the top and remaining there.

In time especially as it has become more secular Australian politicians like other western politicians have become carreerists and will do anything to secure their positions, including invent psudeo social issues or antagonize existing ones in order to rally support for their side against the other. This is quite typical and expected when nations lose a sense of objective truth or even care for it

Old 09-13-2021, 02:44 AM

53 posts, read 39,518 times
The amount of cope that Australians have is off the charts. I also love the rhetoric going around about caring about others lives. Have you seen how quickly Australians throw others under the bus to save their own pay-stubs?

The positive thing that Australians have going for them is the confidence Australian employers have in hiring locally. They need fear not any industrial actions, thinking and disobedience. And who needs whistleblowers when snitching is a part of the culture.

I don't mind Australia is like this, but I have a proper laugh whenever they virtue signal about caring for others. Australians are cold, unfriendly and are always after someone's lunch.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:05 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,928,560 times
Yawn. Bugger off, troll. It's clear you're not here to express an actual opinion and you're just projecting because an Australian bullied you once on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand