U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM

9,097 posts, read 12,592,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Melbourne's a great place if you don't mind the dirt and the weather.

As an electrician you will be in huge demand. You could also go up to the mines where the big money is.

It is (almost) illegal to own a gun in Australia so the sort of "American" type crime you are probably worrying about just doesn't happen.
What do you mean by "American" crime? I've lived in the states for decades and have never seen any "American" crime? Not even in New york city.
Only place I experience crime was in Adelaide when a gang of aboriginals broke into where I lived and broke into a few apartments. Of course, I would not go around calling it "Aboriginal" crime or make blnket statements about an entire group of people... cause tht would be ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM

4,008 posts, read 2,643,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
What do you mean by "American" crime? I've lived in the states for decades and have never seen any "American" crime? Not even in New york city.
Only place I experience crime was in Adelaide when a gang of aboriginals broke into where I lived and broke into a few apartments. Of course, I would not go around calling it "Aboriginal" crime or make blnket statements about an entire group of people... cause tht would be ignorant.

1. I meant guns
2. It is Aboriginal crime, even the police ask what colour the offenders are before they send out squad cars (I live in a high Aboriginal area and they send more police if the offenders are Aboriginal).

Three youths arrested over crime spree | Adelaide Now

I don't make this **** up, it is what it is.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
1. I meant guns
2. It is Aboriginal crime, even the police ask what colour the offenders are before they send out squad cars (I live in a high Aboriginal area and they send more police if the offenders are Aboriginal).

Three youths arrested over crime spree | Adelaide Now

I don't make this **** up, it is what it is.
Ive never owned a gun nor know anybody who has one.
Since youve never lived in the states, your opinion on the US is based on ignorance.

NoT every aboriginal person is a criminal, to label them all as such.. Words cant describe...

Last edited by minibrings; 05-01-2012 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Ive never owned a gun nor know anyvody that has one.
Since youve never lived in the states, your opinion on the US is based on stereotype.

Typical kiwi ignorance?

Also to say the crrime i experienced typical aboriginal, is racist. They were just people who committed a crime.
Then SAPOL are racist too, as is Operation Mandrake...and the rest of the population of Adelaide (which is multicultural, by the way).

ADELAIDE has reacted with justifiable alarm at revelations of a gang of lawless Aboriginal youths who have terrorised the city for more than three years.

The gang's latest depravity was a four-hour crime spree on Monday.
In this rampage, a group of students was threatened with hunting knives, a police car was pelted with hammers and an off-duty taxi driver's car was hit at high speed by a stolen car, injuring the driver.
With unusual alacrity, police have detailed the activities of a gang of about 50 mostly Aboriginal youths, loosely centred around five families.

Crime gang creeps up on Adelaide | Adelaide Now

Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM

11,629 posts, read 6,193,788 times
Quote:
Melbourne's a great place if you don't mind the dirt and the weather.

As an electrician you will be in huge demand. You could also go up to the mines where the big money is.

It is (almost) illegal to own a gun in Australia so the sort of "American" type crime you are probably worrying about just doesn't happen.
What dirt?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
What dirt?
I know.. Right? Another one

Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Then SAPOL are racist too, as is Operation Mandrake...and the rest of the population of Adelaide (which is multicultural, by the way).

ADELAIDE has reacted with justifiable alarm at revelations of a gang of lawless Aboriginal youths who have terrorised the city for more than three years.

The gang's latest depravity was a four-hour crime spree on Monday.
In this rampage, a group of students was threatened with hunting knives, a police car was pelted with hammers and an off-duty taxi driver's car was hit at high speed by a stolen car, injuring the driver.
With unusual alacrity, police have detailed the activities of a gang of about 50 mostly Aboriginal youths, loosely centred around five families.

Crime gang creeps up on Adelaide | Adelaide Now
Obtuse much? What does crime in Adelaide Or the US have to do with moving to Melbourne? Are you A kiwi rugby player in disguise as a female misanthrope?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
What dirt?

You may not notice it if you live there, but Melbourne is filthy.

Example? The beautiful, historic Flinders St Railway Station...a heritage building no less. Go into the ladies toilets and you will find **** encrusted walls which haven't been washed since 1900. THIS IS THE PRIDE OF THE CITY! and there is YEARS old graffiti, phone numbers, unidentifiable substances smeared everywhere. Totally disgusting.

I was in Melbourne in Sept and was standing at the entrance to the underground, watching as some pigeons and fluffy marsupials were scurrying around...I then realised that the marsupials were good old fashioned RATS about the size of cats....tame as can be, right in the middle of one of the busiest streets of Melbourne. I turned to the next available person as I simply could not believe my eyes...a girl was walking past and said "that's nothing, they're small".

You never see such things in Adelaide. We clean our valued buildings and eliminate vermin.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Ha they havent cleaned every vermin in Adelaide.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Animals & Pests - Adelaide City Council
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand