Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,932,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

You know after reading all the things that have been posted lately about Adelaide I'm really getting a hankering to go investigate it!
Tiger Air over! LOL! But before you do, PM me and I can help you figure out things to see and do.. just don't tell Jacqs.. shhh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,859,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Tiger Air over! LOL! But before you do, PM me and I can help you figure out things to see and do.. just don't tell Jacqs.. shhh...
Yeah, well it won't be til next year mini! (maybe by then Jacqs will be living in NO and too busy to notice! )

THANKS MATE!

Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,909,832 times
I can hear yoooouuuuu!

Old 05-24-2009, 04:47 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,909,832 times
Quote:

You know after reading all the things that have been posted lately about Adelaide I'm really getting a hankering to go investigate it!
All joking aside, it'd be kinda fun to be there with you guys..I'm sure Mini would slip some kind of "I'm an Adel-bot" thing into our drinks and we'll all be wandering around with big goofy grins...
But I think it could be fun, Addlebrain won't know what hit it. As usual.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:07 AM

129 posts, read 553,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsaintkilda View Post
I'm a Brissie boy at least that's where I raised but for me Melbourne is the best city in Australia and one of the best in the world. It's where I plan on settling down. Perth is nice but I've never lived there so I'm not as qualified to comment on it.
Isn,t it funny the growing number of Australians who prefer other cities to the city they grew up in

Old 05-24-2009, 07:33 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,756,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarch View Post
Isn,t it funny the growing number of Australians who prefer other cities to the city they grew up in
Give me Brissie over Perth. In what way is Perth superior? The East coast is really where it's at. I feel I've been robbed, lol.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I can hear yoooouuuuu!
Wasn't me! Mini started it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
All joking aside, it'd be kinda fun to be there with you guys..I'm sure Mini would slip some kind of "I'm an Adel-bot" thing into our drinks and we'll all be wandering around with big goofy grins...
But I think it could be fun, Addlebrain won't know what hit it. As usual.
haha! Yep that sounds like a mighty good plan! OR maybe we could do a road trip/tour bus thingy and go Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth?
Do you think they'd cope? Poor Trimac and roo and Vichel! Imagine what a busload of crazy that would be for them!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,932,389 times
Quote:
Wasn't me! Mini started it!

haha! Yep that sounds like a mighty good plan! OR maybe we could do a road trip/tour bus thingy and go Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth?
Do you think they'd cope? Poor Trimac and roo and Vichel! Imagine what a busload of crazy that would be for them!
you know what would be fun for next year.. we do the foodie thing.. central market, then we hit all the wine regions - barossa, clare, mclaren vale... i know good places for olives and olive oil in mclaren vale and a great place for a sparkling in clare... and in the city.. oysters and champagne.. then jacqs will have to admit that Adelaide can be sweet.. and Im sure we can drag Vichel to come along (esp with central market as the first stop)

Old 05-24-2009, 10:14 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,554,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Give me Brissie over Perth. In what way is Perth superior? The East coast is really where it's at. I feel I've been robbed, lol.
As mere NZ visitors we thought Perth more attractive and interesting than Brisbane, though the shopping in the latter was handy to have if you were staying on the eastern seaboard.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
you know what would be fun for next year.. we do the foodie thing.. central market, then we hit all the wine regions - barossa, clare, mclaren vale... i know good places for olives and olive oil in mclaren vale and a great place for a sparkling in clare... and in the city.. oysters and champagne.. then jacqs will have to admit that Adelaide can be sweet.. and Im sure we can drag Vichel to come along (esp with central market as the first stop)
You should have applied for that job mini! Did you hear of it? They advertised it as the best job in the world! Some kind of Island Caretaker position for Hamilton Island I think. A pom won it! If Adelaide was every looking for a tourism ambassador they should give you the job!

Briton wins ‘best job in the world’ on island - Down Under and beyond- msnbc.com

Anyway this trip ^ sounds PERFECT!!!! Wanna be the tour guide and organiser?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand