Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 PM

121 posts, read 342,237 times

Advertisements

Australia/NZ are such a wonderful countries with wonderful people, It's unfortunate Aus. and NZ will only take people who have specialized degrees, I'm 42 now, so even if I had a degree, propbably not be among the first choice to immigrate. I wish these countries could take other types of people as well. Not every country is perfect, and I'll always love Amercia, but these two countries are better, I think. There is no way, (maybe if I win the lottery) that I would score enough points to even be considered to Immigrate to these great nations.

Scott from Phoenix Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:41 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Have you been to or spent any time in AU or NZ?

Old 11-15-2008, 06:24 PM

No, but I've been fascinated by those two countries for 25 years now, since I was 16, it seemed almost like a younger version of America. My choice (If I had one) would be Melbourne. I have followed Aus. Politics for a long time as well.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,285 times
Even with our many imperfections. I think that I'm lucky to live here and It's good to hear from people outside Australia, Who think the same.

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 11-15-2008 at 07:46 PM..

Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialta View Post
Australia/NZ are such a wonderful countries with wonderful people, It's unfortunate Aus. and NZ will only take people who have specialized degrees, I'm 42 now, so even if I had a degree, propbably not be among the first choice to immigrate. I wish these countries could take other types of people as well. Not every country is perfect, and I'll always love Amercia, but these two countries are better, I think. There is no way, (maybe if I win the lottery) that I would score enough points to even be considered to Immigrate to these great nations.

Scott from Phoenix Arizona
Scott, I mention this on here ad nauseum. (Emphasis on the nausea no doubt.) The offer is there, for a house-swap. Mind you, I dont know if we'd spend a huge amount of time in AZ, wonderful though it is. I wouldnt say Oz is 'better' than the U.S though. Theyre different, and in many ways the same.
Sorry, I should be studying, but am instead having an existential crisis.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Existential? Is this reality?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:54 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
Even with our many imperfections. I think that I'm lucky to live here and It's good to hear from people outside Australia, Who think the same.
Like Dorothy said on the classic American movie, Wizard of Oz....."there is no place like home"...That's for the US of A...if you don't like it, I believe there are options for you...Australia is nice, but not to give up my country for, that goes for any other country...

Old 11-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Existential? Is this reality?
I think it's not real..which means the exam tomorrow is also not real.

To the O.P, have you visited Oz and N.Z for any length of time? Really really ...REALLY recommend that before you make any permanent decisions. Even then, you'd only be on vacation, and things are always better on vac.
Not to take anything from Oz or it's eastern suburb..sorry, I mean NZ There's so many great places in the U.S though, and it's huuuuuge - I totally get it if someone doesn't wanna leave.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Sorry OP..I missed the post where you answered Mini's question. My bad. Blame nerves.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM

jacq63, thanks for the offer, I don't know familiar you are with the American Southwest, but Phoenix is like Alice Springs, only a LOT bigger and a LOT hotter, so not sure if you would like it here anyway. We are one of the few ciites in the world where in the summer it won't get colder than 30 degrees C on some days, we've even had overnight lows of 35.5 C before, which is not that uncommon. (Sorry, I'm just a weather buff
I'll make it Down Under someday, but don't get me wrong, I'm love America like I said and support Obama.
jacq63, do you think most Australians are happy with the direction their country is headed in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand