Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Actually there were 4 airlines were I enjoyed the airline food -- Singapore, Malaysian, Silk Air and surprise.. Pakistan International......
I liked Singapore too. I stuck with the Asian choices and found them quite nice. Even for breakfast there was some fish noodle dish, which was a nice break from the typical eggs and sausage.

A JAL flight to Mexico from Canada years ago was great too - sushi! I love sushi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 PM

279 posts, read 673,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
It's not like there's a kitchen with chefs on the plane
On long haul flights with the 747 (and I'm sure that includes the new A380) there actually is a kitchen and a chef on board for 1st class. If you don't like what's on the menu you can order anything you want as long as they have the ingrediants, but they do have the fundamentals, like steak, fish, pasta, duck, variety of seafood, just about anything you want without going to the rediculous. You can order it at any time, not just during meal times and cooked the way you want. So if you feel like garlic prawns when everyone else is sleeping, you can order it. They will even bake a cake if you like.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx View Post
On long haul flights with the 747 (and I'm sure that includes the new A380) there actually is a kitchen and a chef on board for 1st class. If you don't like what's on the menu you can order anything you want as long as they have the ingrediants, but they do have the fundamentals, like steak, fish, pasta, duck, variety of seafood, just about anything you want without going to the rediculous. You can order it at any time, not just during meal times and cooked the way you want. So if you feel like garlic prawns when everyone else is sleeping, you can order it. They will even bake a cake if you like.
Well for $11000 for one seat they damn well better!

Old 12-06-2008, 11:23 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Well in 3 days I will experience ANZ' Transpacific service.. will let you all know...
Will be interested to hear about it.

When I flew Swissair in the mid 90's the food was awesome. Since then haven't had much decent on a plane.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:39 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
I arrive Friday 10:30am Adelaide time. Once I recover from jet lag and find a PC, I will let you know.. I am hearing good things about the 777 that they fly..

Old 12-07-2008, 12:10 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Well in 3 days I will experience ANZ' Transpacific service.. will let you all know...
It should be pretty good, they've just recently upgraded the planes a bit and have installed inflight entertainment on everyset.

Where abouts are you flying to in NZ just if you don't mind?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
It should be pretty good, they've just recently upgraded the planes a bit and have installed inflight entertainment on everyset.

Where abouts are you flying to in NZ just if you don't mind?
Vancouver non-stop to Auckland. Then Auckland - Adelaide. I bypass the madness of SYD and MEL airports...

Old 12-07-2008, 01:11 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minx View Post
On long haul flights with the 747 (and I'm sure that includes the new A380) there actually is a kitchen and a chef on board for 1st class.
1st class? Chefs? I wouldn't know anything about that. It's cargo class for us peasants

One of my "when I win the Lotto dreams" is to travel. Not buy Ferraris or mansions, or bling, or stuff. But travel, travel and more travel. 1st class.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
1st class? Chefs? I wouldn't know anything about that. It's cargo class for us peasants

One of my "when I win the Lotto dreams" is to travel. Not buy Ferraris or mansions, or bling, or stuff. But travel, travel and more travel. 1st class.
Mine as well. I've been to 47 US states, 44 countries and most of Canada..
I'd like the luxury of not having to leave a country until I'm good and ready (or the visa runs out)...

Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,499 times
Quote:
I arrive Friday 10:30am Adelaide time. Once I recover from jet lag and find a PC, I will let you know.. I am hearing good things about the 777 that they fly..
I thought the 777 was more comfortable than the 747. It appeared to be newer or just better taken care of than the others, IMO.

I have 2 questions. How in the world do "regular" joe schmoe's afford first class? If your business or company pays, I understand. Or if you are well off, I understand. Are there ever any families "up" there? My husband has kidded around about "upgrading", but I laugh and tell him we would be kicked out with our son running up and down the aisle! (He really isn't that bad!) Heck, are kids even allowed "up there"?

Ok, so more than 2 questions. You guys who fly Singapore or any of the other superior Asian airlines, do you fly out of New York?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand