Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Now you can see why I was just a 'tad' freaked when I saw that mates photo years ago <g>.
Oh I'd have been too! Perfectly understandable. There are things you've learned to look out for when you're out in the bush, that wouldn't be one of them!

So did your friend have a weight and size of the one he got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,498,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Oh I'd have been too! Perfectly understandable. There are things you've learned to look out for when you're out in the bush, that wouldn't be one of them!

So did your friend have a weight and size of the one he got?
No, afraid not, it was when he was a young lad, he's well over 6 foot tall as an adult, he was holding it by the tail, if memory serves me well he had hold of the tail in both hands for the photo, straight out to the side, and it would have been, pretty much, as big as he was. I guess he would have been around 4 foot 6 at a guess when the photo was taken, but it was so big he thought he should get a photo of it in case no-one believed him. Even if you remove the mental picture of the tail length, the body is still fairly big.

It wasn't lanky, or all legs as such, but just *big*, if you understand, by comparison to the common cat. I know some cats can be rather large, but I don't believe I have seen any breed of cat quite as large as this, however, I haven't seen *every* breed of cat I suppose, but most I guess over the years.

Don't get the impression that it was the size of a lion or anything, but in context with common cats...pretty big, unnaturally big if you see what I mean.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
No, afraid not, it was when he was a young lad, he's well over 6 foot tall as an adult, he was holding it by the tail, if memory serves me well he had hold of the tail in both hands for the photo, straight out to the side, and it would have been, pretty much, as big as he was. I guess he would have been around 4 foot 6 at a guess when the photo was taken, but it was so big he thought he should get a photo of it in case no-one believed him. Even if you remove the mental picture of the tail length, the body is still fairly big.

It wasn't lanky, or all legs as such, but just *big*, if you understand, by comparison to the common cat. I know some cats can be rather large, but I don't believe I have seen any breed of cat quite as large as this, however, I haven't seen *every* breed of cat I suppose, but most I guess over the years.

Don't get the impression that it was the size of a lion or anything, but in context with common cats...pretty big, unnaturally big if you see what I mean.
Yep! Understand completely what you mean. Sounds big enough to me!
It's interesting. I wonder anyone has ever done a study on it?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:10 PM

347 posts, read 1,357,289 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
And again someone posts something about Australia and you who have made it abundantly clear that you're happy in America needs to pop in just to spread your sweetness and light and add nothing of merit to the conversation.
I sure ticked you off this time didnt I

Quote:
You know for someone that loves to tell us all how backward we are you've sure got whinging down pat. Perhaps you should have stayed. You might be more Aussie than you think.
I dont love telling you how backward you are, all I am saying is that dont try to make things look different than what they are.
I am not out there posting with a vengeance, and I never intended to offend anybody. Maybe I should stop posting on this forum.
Peace

Old 02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,498,770 times
DDevils' snipped quote:

[I am not out there posting with a vengeance, and I never intended to offend anybody. Maybe I should stop posting on this forum.]

Nah, go ahead, most of us aren't sooks, we can wipe our own noses, and we have thicker skins than that, if we didn't we wouldn't be here. This is what it's all about, peace will be made at the end of it all anyway. Everyone has an opinion...let it rip! This is what happens see, some people will be afraid of getting their hands slapped, and this makes them reluctant to enter into debate. It's all healthy and harmless. Have a good day. (besides, most of us need to vent somewhere don't we).

Old 02-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil View Post
I sure ticked you off this time didnt I
Nah mate, not at all. It's like blowflies you know? They're always about being a pest, contribute nothing and you just have to swat at them with the Aussie salute and continue on with what you were doing.

But if it makes you feel better, nice try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil View Post
I dont love telling you how backward you are, all I am saying is that dont try to make things look different than what they are.
I am not out there posting with a vengeance, and I never intended to offend anybody. Maybe I should stop posting on this forum.
Peace
We've been over this before. Seems we're both working from the same perspective except that I'm saying just because you see it that way doesn't make is so. Anyway, bottom line, you'd have a lot more credibility with me (if you even care) if you bothered to actually contribute to the topic of the thread (FYI because you seem to have missed it about a picture of a tree with dead feral cats hanging from it) instead of swanning on in to have another go at the country you left because it was so bad you thought you'd be better off somewhere else.
Makes you wonder how it's going for you there though if you keep coming back to dig the boots in.
Anyhoo no need to stop posting as far as I'm concerned just maybe get with the topic instead of turning everything into a commentary of your personal views on the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand