Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,867,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Yeah, it's a short flight and if there's no connecting flight to worry about, then all the better. You'll be fine.

I think it's just a sign of the times, great airline service & reliability falling by the wayside, and becoming the exception rather than the rule.

Departing and arriving on time, with my luggage, while not being treated rudely is about the highest I expect traveling cattle-class. Any more and I reckon I'm just setting myself up for disappointment and misery.
Oh I've given up on the expectation of not being treated rudely.
The great seating debarcle on my last flight with Qantas was the straw that broke the camel's back I think.

Fingers crossed on the luggage, I've not had that be a problem yet and I suppose arriving on time hasn't really ever been an issue for me either as I've not been in a hurry or had anywhere specific I had to be so a little delay here or there hasn't been a problem. I've never experienced a big delay though, thankfully.

I had to laugh at one of their big wigs last night lambasting the strike in Sydney by the baggage handlers saying that it was wrong to adversely affect passengers. I was thinking "mate when was the last time you gave a stuff about us?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,950,397 times
Does anyone (else) have experience flying Tiger Airlines?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Moon... copy and paste from email from friend who flew them 2 weeks ago to/from Adelaide to Hobart:

Well,personally I have no complaints, they left on time, the seats were ok.Just don't bring too much on hand luggage. They make you weigh the bag you have with you, and if it is too heavy you have to check it, which costs a lot more than if you were to check it online if you know what I mean. Nice people on board. That was my only flight though, have heard very bad stories, of people being stranded, bags lost for days, the usual stuff.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:25 AM

1,396 posts, read 3,425,005 times
Tiger Airways Reviews

I think we're going to look at Virgin Blue at this point.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuteMan View Post
Tiger Airways Reviews

I think we're going to look at Virgin Blue at this point.
Hmmm

IT seems that the flight experience for the most part ok (service, etc.), but if you need to speak to customer service.. good luck... I think they do not want you to speak to an agent as that will cut into their limited profits per flight.

So if VB is slightly cheaper, it will be a better option.

I'm glad I never had to call customer service on that r/t from Darwin..

Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Hmmm

IT seems that the flight experience for the most part ok (service, etc.), but if you need to speak to customer service.. good luck... I think they do not want you to speak to an agent as that will cut into their limited profits per flight.

So if VB is slightly cheaper, it will be a better option.

I'm glad I never had to call customer service on that r/t from Darwin..
Earlier Moonie called Tiger 3 times and got disconnected. We'll think about it some more and decide tomorrow morning. I'm leaning toward VB, its only $80AUD more.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 PM

Its Friday morning, Moonie's time and we booked it on.....

Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM

10,781 posts, read 8,700,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuteMan View Post
Its Friday morning, Moonie's time and we booked it on.....(VirginBlue)
Good luck, and all the best for your trip.

After reading that Review site you posted, it would have turned me off completely. Just seemed too disorderly and hit-and-miss with all the delays and no explanations, if you could find someone to give you one! That's real cattle-class.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Good luck, and all the best for your trip.

After reading that Review site you posted, it would have turned me off completely. Just seemed too disorderly and hit-and-miss with all the delays and no explanations, if you could find someone to give you one! That's real cattle-class.
I was engrossed in that site last night.. though I think their 3 star rating of Pakistan Airlines was too generous... I think I'd take my chances with Tiger Domestic rather than have to fly Pakistan ever again in my lifetime..

Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,867,655 times
Did anybody see the report about Tiger on Today Tonight or ACA on Friday night?

It just made booking with VB all the more reassuring.

Apparently they are the bottom of Choice's list, so after hearing all the horrid stories and after reading the website, I just don't think I'll ever have the courage to book a flight with Tiger.

There was also an emergency landing at Tulla last night of a VB plane that was struck by lightning 3 times in the air and all safely landed with no injuries. Big thumbs up for VB at this stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand