Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 AM

10,781 posts, read 8,695,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Did anybody see the report about Tiger on Today Tonight or ACA on Friday night?

It just made booking with VB all the more reassuring.

Apparently they are the bottom of Choice's list, so after hearing all the horrid stories and after reading the website, I just don't think I'll ever have the courage to book a flight with Tiger.
I caught a bit of that, moonshadow, and thought of you! Glad to hear you didn't go with them. What a shocker! How can they be allowed to operate in this country? Leaving people stranded, changing flights on them, and did I hear correctly that the old guy is actually out of pocket?? Doesn't matter if the tickets were cheap, that's ripping people off. Theft.

I Googled Tiger Airways and found another review site called ItchyFeet which had horror stories about flying with Tiger, with some people not given refunds for Tiger cancelling flights on them. Sounds like when things go well, they're fine, but when they go wrong they go very, very wrong. Not sure I'd want to risk it. If you're open and easy, with no connecting flights to worry about, and can roll with any punches they give you, then go for it. Otherwise, better to pay extra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 02:20 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,860,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I caught a bit of that, moonshadow, and thought of you! Glad to hear you didn't go with them. What a shocker! How can they be allowed to operate in this country? Leaving people stranded, changing flights on them, and did I hear correctly that the old guy is actually out of pocket?? Doesn't matter if the tickets were cheap, that's ripping people off. Theft.

I Googled Tiger Airways and found another review site called ItchyFeet which had horror stories about flying with Tiger, with some people not given refunds for Tiger cancelling flights on them. Sounds like when things go well, they're fine, but when they go wrong they go very, very wrong. Not sure I'd want to risk it. If you're open and easy, with no connecting flights to worry about, and can roll with any punches they give you, then go for it. Otherwise, better to pay extra.
Yeah, I felt like writing to the poor old bloke and that woman just to say thanks for the warning.

All I could think was if the worst happens then we're not really saving anything at all by the time you factor in accommodation, loss of time etc. That woman that booked for a weekend in Melbourne and planned to be back on the Monday for work was informed they couldn't fly her back til Wednesday AND they've booked shows and all sorts of things so what are they supposed to do? Risk missing work and paying for extra accommodation or try to get a flight back with someone else? It's not like they can cancel without losing a wad of cash.

I find it ludicrous that something like this is allowed to happen in this country AND my only thoughts are if they're this hopeless with admin how long before they're as useless or their inability to be organized impacts on their safety record?

Nah this new branching out that VB is doing is already having an impact on Qantas in the price stakes, I can only hope there's a flow on effect and eventually they cotton on that people prefer the level of service with VB also.

Tiger needs to be completely overhauled or shut down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand