Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,596,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
I love it how you always have to have a dig at me old man. What happened to your plans of leaving the forums because you find it "boring" and "full of false information"?
Just a bit of amusement young dork. Don't worry, I'll move on when I've exchanged a bit more weather stuff with the sane posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,896,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Just a bit of amusement young dork. Don't worry, I'll move on when I've exchanged a bit more weather stuff with the sane posters.
I guess there is not much else to do in a nursing home in a cold windswept place when your only excitement comes from the daily meals on wheels van.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Sorry, I need to be 30 years older to qualify for that scenario. How's your family's longevity?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:43 AM

O Rly? I'm pretty sure you're about 65 or so judging by your profile on those weather forums that that nazi foggy hamilton dictates.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 AM

Yes, and fit and healthy. The rate you whine and moan, you'll be lucky to get that far. Age is a state of mind.

PS - met a guy today who had lived and worked in Sydney & Melbourne - greatly preferred Melbourne because it was cooler. Just a bit more subjectivity for you to suck on.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:41 PM

27 posts, read 70,896 times
I cant stand Howard and didnt vote for Rudd (tho voted for Howard despite this ). I think Rudd is a smug ideologue who stabbed kim Beazley in the back. His true colours come out when he yells at flight attendants etc..
The republic I also agree that we should vote for the President and not trust Parliament to appoint one...we ve seen how much they can be trusted ...we need an Obama like figure here who has a vision and can restore our faith in politicians

Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
You sure seem to be taking your sweet time.

One thing that grinds my gears is Kev's retarded Alcopop tax. Why do people who enjoy a certain kind of beverage need to be punished? Mixed drinks cost about 2-3x that of beer, but usually have the same alcohol content, but those who prefer mixed drinks have to suffer, because apparently some people "abuse" this particular type of drink, while everyone who drinks beer or wine or spirits never gets drunk, violent or whatever. Yeah right

Doesn't Kev realise that people will instead buy spirits and mix those or turn to cheap wine to evade his stupid money grabbing commie tax? I guess not.

Stripping people to the bone however possible. Typical ****ing Labor policy.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 AM

790 posts, read 1,732,987 times
Quote:
His true colours come out when he yells at flight attendants etc..
although i think you have to be pretty pathetic to yell at someone over something as trivial as your meal, it's not that he yelled at the flight attendant itself that bugs me, it's that his PR department spins his image that he's "one of the working folk" type when clearly he isn't and the fact that so many people eat it up. His wife is wealthy, he's spent his many years in political privilege but he throws in awful lines like "fair shake of the sauce bottle, mate" to make himself sound like he's your working class hero.

Quote:
One thing that grinds my gears is Kev's retarded Alcopop tax. Why do people who enjoy a certain kind of beverage need to be punished? Mixed drinks cost about 2-3x that of beer, but usually have the same alcohol content, but those who prefer mixed drinks have to suffer, because apparently some people "abuse" this particular type of drink, while everyone who drinks beer or wine or spirits never gets drunk, violent or whatever.
often the politician's solution to many problems is simply to tax it.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
although i think you have to be pretty pathetic to yell at someone over something as trivial as your meal, it's not that he yelled at the flight attendant itself that bugs me, it's that his PR department spins his image that he's "one of the working folk" type when clearly he isn't and the fact that so many people eat it up. His wife is wealthy, he's spent his many years in political privilege but he throws in awful lines like "fair shake of the sauce bottle, mate" to make himself sound like he's your working class hero.
Agreed, He's pumped the phrase "Working Families", to the point where it's started to become redundant.

Two of Rudd's most famous outbursts, have involved the Defence Force. He chewed out the poor RAAF flight attendant about he "Meat-free" meal and then on a visit to Aussie troops in Afghanistan, he apprently threw a wobbly about a lack of hair dryers.

Rudd really does show that he's lived a pampered life.

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 06-19-2009 at 03:03 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
If I was thaty flight attendant, I would've smashed the food over his flat albino head. Oh, and if I had a dollar everytime this dingleberry has uttered "Working Families", I would be a rich, rich man.

Quote:
often the politician's solution to many problems is simply to tax it.
yep, and Labor is especially notorious when it comes to slugging taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand