Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,285 times

Advertisements

This sort of fits with the earlier "one child" thread. However, I'm mainly sharing this just for laughs. I certainly don't mean any offence!

YouTube - Kevin Rudd - Chinese Propaganda Video

YouTube - Chairman Rudd Propaganda: Part Two
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
LOL! Thanks for that. Funny, in sort of a scary way.

Manful jawbone - lol!

Bountiful efficiences of unmeaning. How true.

Offence? Nah, he's a pollie. And pollies are offensive.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times
Thanks you can a bunchful. I now understand the entire Australian SpeakTalk and manufest upward aspiration of all peoples of the Land of Rudd.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,898,596 times
Well Kevin Rudd is a communist prick. He also made the statement "Australia will become a republic". The idea of a republic was explicitly rejected in a vote in 1999.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Well Kevin Rudd is a communist prick. He also made the statement "Australia will become a republic". The idea of a republic was explicitly rejected in a vote in 1999.
No the model with which the republic would be formed and maintained was voted against, not the republic itself.

A nicely stacked referendum where Johnny gave the people impossible options, yet again.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 PM

The Republic issue is just such a minor, unimportant thing, imo, given what's today, and what can happen in the near future (massive debt, anyone?). I think it'll be rolled out as a handy diversion when things turn to complete sh**.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM

Perhaps Vichel, and I don't disagree that we've got so many other things that should be sorted first but as long as there is opportunity for the Governer General (Queen's representative and highest office in the country) to dismiss a whole democratically elected government of the people I'm going to keep wanting a Republic.

I really have no time for the monarchy and I want us to stand on our own two feet. There are so many people here now that have no allegiance to the crown I really can't see the point to continuing with the monarchy or The Westminster System ALTHOUGH I've no interest in changing to an American style system of government either.

Trouble is, as you mentioned earlier, it will all involve politicians and they're all bastards.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,749 times
This is funny.. And for a moment there, I almost thought this might have something to do with North Korea because of the subject title. Hmm.. Someone should do a North Korean spoof next.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Perhaps Vichel, and I don't disagree that we've got so many other things that should be sorted first but as long as there is opportunity for the Governer General (Queen's representative and highest office in the country) to dismiss a whole democratically elected government of the people I'm going to keep wanting a Republic.
Oh, don't worry about the current Gov-Gen, she licks Rudd's boots for breakfast. I doubt she'd even give him a dirty look let alone toss him out.

So you give up a Gov-Gen, and what do you get with a Republic? Another politically appointed boot-licker called a President. Same sh**, different title. I'd only go for a Republic if I get to vote for the Pres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Trouble is, as you mentioned earlier, it will all involve politicians and they're all bastards.
Yup. I am totally cynical when it comes to politics. I vote for the ar**hole I reckon can do the least damage. I think anyone who looks at a politician as someone who can make their life better or the country wonderful is a naive fool. Pollies are out to make their own lives better, so much better that they lose complete touch with the average person. Lookin' out for Number One, as the song by BTO goes.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Oh, don't worry about the current Gov-Gen, she licks Rudd's boots for breakfast. I doubt she'd even give him a dirty look let alone toss him out.
True but wasn't Kerr appointed GG by Gogh?
Potentially Kev could say he didn't like her new hair style and who knows what havoc she could reign down on us?

Quote:
So you give up a Gov-Gen, and what do you get with a Republic? Another politically appointed boot-licker called a President. Same sh**, different title. I'd only go for a Republic if I get to vote for the Pres.
That's the very reason I couldn't vote for a Republic at the referendum. We should get to vote who is President although it does bother me it would be open to the same kind of "abuse" as happens in America, in that it all gets bogged down with campaign funding and under the table deals.

Quote:
Yup. I am totally cynical when it comes to politics. I vote for the ar**hole I reckon can do the least damage. I think anyone who looks at a politician as someone who can make their life better or the country wonderful is a naive fool. Pollies are out to make their own lives better, so much better that they lose complete touch with the average person. Lookin' out for Number One, as the song by BTO goes.
That's pretty much how I vote too. All of them **** me to tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand