Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I thought it was just me! LOL!
You need to get MM psyched to joining the SA discovery tour next year!
Will do! Although I suspect I don't need to do much, being as he's a mind reader an all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 05:15 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
no further response from the OP?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 PM

26 posts, read 98,908 times
Thanks mini!

We are considering our options and currently are looking at Oxford. The colours of Connecticut are gorgeous. Why did you leave the states for Aus?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi1209 View Post
Thanks mini!

We are considering our options and currently are looking at Oxford. The colours of Connecticut are gorgeous. Why did you leave the states for Aus?
no worries

i finish grad school and worked in Oz... plus i got tired of paying high prices for vegemite and not being able to find tim tams at my local dairy. now back stateside.

enjoy snow driving though southern conn does not get snow (that badly)

colours get even better further north.. VT, NH, upstate NY..

bring L&P with you.. yum..

Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM

26 posts, read 98,908 times
I am quite nervous about the lack of L&P. Will American pubs and bars have it? My other half enjoys it with Southern Comfort.

We have begun packing and will be leaving many things behind with family.

I understand Connecticut is mild for the Northern USA. What are snowstorms like? Have you experienced a Nor'easter and what steps would one take in preparations of these storms?

Will a Subaru be a practical auto to own in CT? Maybe I should go back to that forum!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I am quite nervous about the lack of L&P. Will American pubs and bars have it? My other half enjoys it with Southern Comfort.

I understand Connecticut is mild for the Northern USA. What are snowstorms like? Have you experienced a Nor'easter and what steps would one take in preparations of these storms?

Will a Subaru be a practical auto to own in CT? Maybe I should go back to that forum!
No worries mate ask away..
Yes a Subie would be a great car. Send me a DM and I can give you a website of a dealer in Baltimore that seems to have the best prices.

Noreasterns are quite uncommon. It depends.. if not winter (just rain) no worries. If snow.. just plan to havehat you are a shovel/snowblower and food and water at home. It is very rare stranded for over a day and they plow very well.

Yes winters are mild in that part of Connectictut.. there are years when there is hardly any snow or snow arrived late in the season and not much. And years when you may have a noreastern and even rare, winters with several noreasterns.

Dunno about L&P in the states.. perhaps you can send an email to the company? I have yet to see it stateside.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:

A Subaru would be a quite suitable car. The new legacy and outback are just coming out and the Forester and Impreza are exceptional as well.

Bad winter storms can happen every year. Some years worse than others. Bad enough you could lose power occassionally for a brief period. Most homes in CT are going to have an alternate heating source like a fireplace or a gas stove.

L&P is totally unknown here. There is one company here I buy some drinks like bundaberg from at a high cost, but there is nowhere I know of that has L&P. You'll get to experience some regional soda drinks like birch beer or Moxie instead.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM

Here is a site that sells NZ products.. they have a US toll free number..
and L&P is on the list..

Delicious Junk Food From New Zealand - Food, Candy - Products from New Zealand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand