Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
So.....have you been able to buy them off the shelves yet mini?

Just wondering if we can eat these couple of packets of dark Tim Tams we bought for you or not?

PS I've got a jar of Vegemite Name Me sitting on the shelf with your name on in right now. Gonna send it home with MM next week.
Oh and what's your thoughts on sweetened condensed milk?
Hi Moon. No Tim Tams yet.. until October supposedly. I did find the regular Tim Tams (no dark) at an Israeli grocery store in NYC. The woman there told me its also popular in Israel and they (Israelis) try to claim it as their own... despite it NOT being kosher! Go figure! And they charged 7.00 USD each!

But if you want to eat the dark.. go ahead! And yum.. no name vegemite.. I can't wait!

did MM have a nice visit down under? I waved to him when I last drove by Worcester, Mass (2 days ago).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:06 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Hi Moon. No Tim Tams yet.. until October supposedly. I did find the regular Tim Tams (no dark) at an Israeli grocery store in NYC. The woman there told me its also popular in Israel and they (Israelis) try to claim it as their own... despite it NOT being kosher! Go figure! And they charged 7.00 USD each!

But if you want to eat the dark.. go ahead! And yum.. no name vegemite.. I can't wait!

did MM have a nice visit down under? I waved to him when I last drove by Worcester, Mass (2 days ago).
Guess I better throw a couple of packs in then. (Should have them before the end of September)

Anything else you have a craving for that I can send back with MM?

Oh and MM is still here mini, so I hope it was a BIG WAVE!

(Lotta people want to be claiming the Tim Tams but we all know they're true blue Aussie. )

Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
I first saw mention of them on the Graham Norton show. He was being shown by a guest how to bite off both ends of a Tim Tam then suck hot tea through it. From his reaction I wanted some. Yeah, right.

Good to know I can finally try this!!

An earlier post made me wonder. Replace the tea with Guinness? Yum!!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I first saw mention of them on the Graham Norton show. He was being shown by a guest how to bite off both ends of a Tim Tam then suck hot tea through it. From his reaction I wanted some. Yeah, right.

The art of the "Tim Tam Slam!"

Old 09-10-2009, 07:37 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

Youre meant to use tea??? (Does anyone actually drink that stuff?) Huh. How bout that? No wonder the Bourbon didn't work so well.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Youre meant to use tea??? (Does anyone actually drink that stuff?) Huh. How bout that? No wonder the Bourbon didn't work so well.
ive never done it w/ tea.. is that a pommie thing? i like it w/ my flat white..
i daresay.. id like to try a slam w/ a good south aussie port wine...

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Guess I better throw a couple of packs in then. (Should have them before the end of September)

Anything else you have a craving for that I can send back with MM?

Oh and MM is still here mini, so I hope it was a BIG WAVE!

(Lotta people want to be claiming the Tim Tams but we all know they're true blue Aussie. )
UR too kind to me Moon!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:38 PM

so what with moon's contribution..if I get around to sending my stash mini, you're gonna have a really good couple of months. If they last that long that is.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:35 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
If all the jars of vegemite was expired, perhaps the store doesn't get enough demand/customers interested in purchasing it.

If all the jars of vegemite was expired, how could anyone taste the difference? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:31 PM

Thanks Sonrise, my opinion exactly. As stated earlier in the thread.
I'd only give it to someone I really disliked, or as an April Fool joke. Same with certain brands of beer, such Coo...oh, never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand