U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,177,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
There's a cool breeze but not much in the way of wind today...well not like we had a couple of weekends ago when the Granny was on!

Um....pardon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,187,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Um....pardon?
AFL Grand Final = Granny.

That weekend the wind was ice cold, consistent AND it seemed to be coming from a different direction than it usually does.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:20 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,177,728 times
Ah-ha! I was picturing a musical with a Granny chorus line or something. The weather this time of years is changeable anyway, but Melb must really be wearing its "4 seasons, 1 day" hat right now!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 PM

9,326 posts, read 18,988,255 times
Quote:
Yes....it's just AWFUL here today....I don't think I can take much more of it....
Brrrrrr... how do you stand living in so much sun? Cold!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,187,896 times
Quote:
Ah-ha! I was picturing a musical with a Granny chorus line or something. The weather this time of years is changeable anyway, but Melb must really be wearing its "4 seasons, 1 day" hat right now!
That would be The Producers I'm thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5uaMzIeCA

Nah, Melbourne is wearing her Spring bonnet today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Brrrrrr... how do you stand living in so much sun? Cold!
It's awful mini, just awful....but someone's got to do it!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 AM

656 posts, read 2,372,909 times
Quote:
Yes....it's just AWFUL here today....I don't think I can take much more of it.....

Great Pics Moonie

Just the sort of day to lay down on a deck chair and gets some much needed sun
I have been doing this a lot lately now that spring has Finally arrived in Perth

Old 10-08-2009, 01:37 AM

5,054 posts, read 5,496,959 times
Quote:
As I type, it's currently 57F in Sydney. Windy, with showers. Same in Melbourne apparently. Fine, but its October fer cryin' out loud. And trust me, I'm cryin'.
I can hardly type, my digits are so frigid. Currently in New Orleans its 84F. It's October.
Crap, Melbourne weather made it to SYdney? Wow next the whole world will be under Melbourne rule, the Melbourne Empire with King 吧b as the president...oh wait I already rule the kingdom of Saab Island :crazy:

Quote:
Everything does look so much more romantic yadda yadda blahdeblah in the rain. Until you have to go out in it.

nail on the head. Cold rain is about as romantic as a gigantic redwood sized horse turd rotting away to oblivion under the desert sun.

A clear, full moon night is far more romantic IMO.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Likewise, I find it humourous that many Aussies consider it to be a "hot night" when there's a nighttime low of 18 C.
Do you think that's a fair comment from my end, should they tease me about the cold?
In Melbourne, anything over 20C at night is considered *hot*, oweing to the rareity of such weather. I recall in school overhearing one girl going on about how its "going to be a hot night" when an overnite low of 20C was forecast. It's not hot, it's merely comfortable enough to enjoy outdoor activities without having to look like an eskimo.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
I'm glad you put your 2 cents in
This thread just didn't feel right without 你B's input
With your well known love and devotion towards Melbourne's fickle weather

In fact it would be just like discussing climate without Coldcanadian's input
It would be just plain wrong
lol! I'm very *passionate* about our funtastic climate

Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM

9,595 posts, read 22,912,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 你B View Post
In Melbourne, anything over 20C at night is considered *hot*, oweing to the rareity of such weather. I recall in school overhearing one girl going on about how its "going to be a hot night" when an overnite low of 20C was forecast. It's not hot, it's merely comfortable enough to enjoy outdoor activities without having to look like an eskimo.
Don't I know it.
Though, perhaps a 20 C low might make a 35+ C high "feel" muggier than a low that's lower than 20 C.

We don't usually get crazy-highs,
but it's perfectly normal when the weather takes it's sweet time to cool down overnight;
sometimes 11 pm doesn't feel much different than it did in the shade at 11 am.

Take this year for example:
Our all-time high was 31 C and we did not hit 30 C even once this July, ()
but we must have had at least a dozen lows at 20+ C,
including at least one low at 23 C which happened on a day with a high of only 29 C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand