Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Typical of your negativity - I've never heard anyone I know who has associations with Waiheke to complain about this.
How is being truthful negative? Have you lived there? No? Then pipe down and comment on things you actually know something about,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,597,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
How is being truthful negative? Have you lived there? No? Then pipe down and comment on things you actually know something about,
Go take a hike. I know several residents, none of them unfortunate enough to have known you, with any luck.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times
Where would you go for a free, all-paid vacation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynadams View Post
I would like to suggest you go for a Sydney, the most beautiful city in Australia. Believe me, here you feel awesome, as to be paradise.

That's odd because 5 days ago you posted this

Quote:
I would like to go Sydney, Capital of New South Wales, Australia.
Where would you go for a free, all-paid vacation?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 AM

60 posts, read 74,343 times
Eden N.S.W a small seaside town i visited here once and could easily have stayed,also a must visit is Tasmania i would recommend the wonderful small city [i believe]of Luanceston,this place and it's parks has some unforgetable memories for me and the people are very friendly......lastly it's a long way but Alice Springs,at night this lovely place is like an star gazers paradise,again nice people, very small but in my opinion well worth the time

Old 08-08-2013, 08:49 AM

60 posts, read 74,343 times
as for NZ this is a very nice place and fairly safe as well ,i would recommend wellington this is one of the nicest city's i have ever visited [i lived in new town near the zoo for a while]but in winter it IS extremly wet and VERY wind.But there are many good places to visit such as Nelson [north of the south island] keri keri north
island, waiheke is worth some time lots of nice beaches, Auckland is a nice clean city but it is very small by many standards,the only thing i found with NZ [and to some extent Australia]is that after a while i started to feel rather a long way from any where NZ is really in the middle of know where and some like this and others never get used to it

Old 08-08-2013, 02:50 PM

3,801 posts, read 2,995,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post

Probably a spam-bot, a dead giveaway is somebody giving both a first and surname - no normal person does that on an internent forum.
The English is also very poor, suggestive that English is not the first language of this clandestine bot - despite the Anglocised user name.

Last edited by Derek41; 08-08-2013 at 03:14 PM..

Old 08-08-2013, 07:53 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,308,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contentwriter View Post
Everything on your list except skiing is available in Coffs Harbour on the NSW Mid North Coast. It's about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane and has plenty of direct flights from Sydney.

It's beautiful, the weather is perfect, in the 70 and 80s all year round, only January in the middle of summer has high humidity but the rest of the year is great.

Coffs Harbour is a city, not a town. It has about 80,000 inhabitants. Hardly any high-rise (mostly houses and some blocks of up to 3 storeys).

There's 60 miles of beaches and coastline, around a dozen national parks including the stunning Dorrigo National Park with world heritage rainforests and many hiking trails, there are several cinemas, there's a theatre, national touring bands and musicians, an airport, a university (Southern Cross), loads of award-winning restaurants and cafes for casual or fine dining, many with water views, boutique shopping in the city centre and some surrounding villages (Sawtell, Bellingen, Woolgoolga), a large shopping centre on the edge of the city,

Check it out on Coffs Harbour Accommodation Holiday Travel Gateway Bellingen Nambucca Coffs Coast NSW Australia

I'm European and have lived all over, but been in Coffs Harbour for the last 5 years and absolutely LOVING it - it's got everything we want and we're into hiking and biking too.

For some reason the above URL may not appear as a link, so please copy this URL into your browser: www.coffscoast.com.au
Both Coffs Harbour and the other big Mid North Coast town, Port Macquarie, fit most of the OPs bill. There are a couple of campuses in PM now.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:14 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times
Quote:
I would like to suggest you to go for Australia. Sydney, one of the most beautiful city in Australia. Here you really enjoy a lot.

Highly Recommended!
Australia

This guy is starting to creep me out :P

/autobot off

Old 08-11-2013, 05:04 PM

211 posts, read 519,306 times
AUS: Adelaide or Hobart (Hobart is in Tasmania though)
NZ: Wellington or Dunedin (Dunedin has a smaller population)

NZ has better choices which fit your wants though, but less of a selection.

Last edited by Mountainbluebear; 08-11-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 02:04 PM

3,801 posts, read 2,995,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia1811 View Post
I am interested if any of Australian towns are similar to North Conway in New Hampshire in the US. Can you help please?
North Conway is a town of less than 2,500 people, there is no way any Australian is going to know anything about it unless they have lived in New Hampshire.
On the original question, the OP is long gone from the thread ,but Mid North Coast towns in NSW are very good.
If you don't mind a bit of cold weather, Armidale in the New England area of NSW is a beautiful old world university town of about 25,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand